Do you have a Brutale and a F4? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Smile Do you have a Brutale and a F4?

I know there are quite a few members here with both bikes or certainly those who have owned both bikes. As someone who has never ridden a Brutale, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on differences between the two apart from the obvious ones, no fairing and high bars on the Brutale etc. I don't wish to start a 'my Brutale is better than your F4' debate or vice versa, I'm just interested to know what owners of both bikes think about the various merits of both types and why you currently ride what you ride.

I've posted this in the Brutale section, but I hope everyone who is willing to do so posts their impressions whether you currently ride a Brute or a F4 or both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:31 AM

Did have both..... only ever used the F4 on track days as found it too uncomfortable unless traveling at silly speeds I am missing it tho as I still think it's a superb bike.....

910R is just spoilt by the fueling, power comander coming soon..... then I may love it even more.... much more comfortable but at silly speeds my knees start to "flap" in the breeze !!!!!

Attached Images

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....

Last edited by Juan; 12-31-2006 at 02:56 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan
Did have both..... only ever used the F4 on track days as found it too uncomfortable unless traveling at silly speeds I am missing it tho as I still think it's a superb bike.....

910R is just spoilt by the fueling, power comander coming soon..... then I may love it even more.... much more comfortable but at silly speeds my knees start to "flap" in the breeze !!!!!

register submission for enter site???
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigiolino
register submission for enter site???
pier
Sorry.... sorted......

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 09:25 PM

Well.....my brother John has an Oro(also races MV350 in vintage) & I have a Brutale.
We have yet to try out the others bikes. I don't like riding on the streets with clip ons. I do love the riding position & sound of the Brutale.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
I had a Brutale 750 and F4 750.
I started doing racing again so sold the F4 and brought a race bike. Kept the Brutale for Sunday mornings and the occasional trip away.
Once I gave up racing I sold the Brutale and brought a F4 1000 for the road and the occasional track day.

I don't know if that makes much sense but we'll see how the year pans out.

Differences apart from the bleeding obvious is that the Brutale is far more versatile than the F4. I live in a big city so the Brutale is a million times better due to the riding position and wide bars. The F4 1000 comes into it's own on the track and long fast rides out in the country. I found with the Brutale I was more manic on the road because it just wants to be thrashed and I delighted in carving up any sportbike just so they could say, what the hell was that all about!.
I found it comfortable and a joy, and I will get another one for sure.
I loved the 750 because I could make it scream and bounce off the rev limiter even on the road, the F4 1000 is way too powerful to achieve that on the road, so I tend to ride more in the midrange wirth it.
The F4 is a pure committed sportbike and is therefore uncomprimising. I also get stopped by the police a lot more the the F4 than the Brutale, must be the way they percieve the riding position to speed etc.
I also found I rode the Brutale more like a motard bike at speed through the twisties where as the F4 you are alid out flatter and hence feels very different. The Brutale has a unique riding postion and is nothing like a Monster or a Tuono and really liked it a lot. It took some time to get the suspension set up for it, because it is quite firm for a naked, and I was using it around town. With the F4 I just don't use it around town so it is OK set up stiff.
I really do miss the wind in your face riding and having it cranked over on a naked feels so much faster than when on the F4. The Brutale also has a lower seat height and locks you in close to the tank, so at first feels weird when you really get going in a set of curves. The F4 is very much bum in the air type of feel.
It is hard to believe they are essentially the same bikes, as they feel so different, and obviously a lot of thought went into the design. The Brutale is not just and F4 with it's fairings missing, it is a whole new experience.

MVA Sydney
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:24 AM

I just coudn't get used to the ergo's on the Brutale, spawned from the F4 it seems odd that the total differences in the riding experience to me was greater than the sum of all the individual component changes...if that sort of makes sense.

Maybe its the whole 'naked' thing or that a particular style of bike will ultimatley always suit a particular size and shape of rider, irrespective of the amount of tweeking you do, my last thought is that I always found the Brutale to be so diminutive, it felt like a 400 twin, until you twist the bar that is!
Size is not a negative of course, being small has huge advantages in handling and in nimbleness.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode