First Service for my Brutale 1090R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exclamation First Service for my Brutale 1090R

Hi All,

My new Brutale 1090R is approaching 600 plus miles and is due for first service (620 miles). Do we know what all is done for this scheduled service (sorry donít have the manual as yet, in the mail)? Is it just oil change and service light reset? The dealer is quoting $230 for this service - does that sound about right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 01:23 PM

New Site Garage
Mine was quoted $398 for the 3hrs labour, then whatever on top. A new battery was also tagged on. Not feeling too happy about my dealers customer service on that one. Ended upa roudn $400CAD after some discounts for delays and such without the battery cost. I think they went through the list on mine, since the MV guy wasn't overly experienced, but some may cut off certain things if they know their stuff and feel they aren't a concern and it saves labour time. Your cost sounds pretty good to me based on my own cost.

I received a whole package with my 1090R, a fancy box with tricolore and MV logo, owners manual, papers folder, usb stick with pics and MV catalogue on it, MV keychain, spare key, immobilizer code key, quick manual, "Thank you" letter from MV and invitation to the owners club Pretty impressive little package. I assumed this came with every MV sold, am I right?

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 02:58 PM

$230 in USD, is about what I paid for my first time too . They do the oil change and should be tightening anything that came loose.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 03:26 PM

Oil & filter, that's it....

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Established Member

You should receive everything Reckler noted. My dealer went through the "delivery packages" with me to make sure I received the correct one (different packages for different models). When I bought my '06 it came with a rear stand as well ('10 didn't). First service was about $250 USD with tax (9.6% in Washington). According to the owner's manual they change oil and filter, plus they are supposed to check all fluids, etc. (there's a long service list in the manual) though I doubt they actually do more than the oil and filter. It's a good time to address any warranty issues, make sure to let them know so they are prepared when you bring it in.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 PM

If you're in the US thats not far off from what I paid. A little higher but not bad. They did more than just an oil change for me. Checked it all over, found stuff that I didnt even see. They are warranty replacing the dash and he even completely cleaned and re lubed the chain. Hope they take good care of your ride!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Correct! I am in the US - New Jersey to be precise. I did ask and the dealer mentioned a long laundry list of activities that need to be performed. I found a copy of the manual (thanks to Donsy) and there is list of things that need to checked on first service – but off course not sure if they are actually going to do it…wink wink!

Service list: Oil/filter, adj/wax chain, air tires, lube pivots, check lights, check brakes, check clutch, check fluids, safety check, clean, test ride

In other words is 1 hour labor plus parts and material (oil + filter) Think that sounds about right and fair. Now the question is which dealer shall I take the bike to?
Option 1 : Jack Trebour – 45 miles away – First available apt on Aug 10
Option 2: Rockwell Cycles – 55 miles away – Sat AM July 27, 2013 apt
Option 3: Fast By Ferracci – 86 miles away – Sat Apt as well

Any recommendations. I am leaning more towards Option 2 and 3. Also I did buy the bike from FBF – little challange is that are far away and its becomes a full day event.

Over and above the first service few other issues need addressing
1. Suspension is way too soft
2. Tail section under the seat has marks from the seat
3. Shifting issues between gears 1- 2 and 5-6
4. Loose throttle cable
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 03:30 PM

New Site Garage
I wish I'd kept track of what I set the suspension to on mine. I think I had a copy of the 990R/1090RR shop manual (couldn't find a 1090R manual), courtesy of Donsy, and set my suspension as a hybrid between street and track. When I first bought it I found the suspension soft, but compression brutally unforgiving, but I'm quite pleased with it now (still wish for compression adjustment in the rear though).

I have started to find the front brakes a bit soft (will still lock the front full on though ) and rear brake pretty ineffective lately (definitely not locking the rear tire under any effort, free ABS ). Hoping that bleeding front and rear and cleaning up the discs will take care of those issues. Almost to the 6000km mark now.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ?

$230 to $400+ for oil, a filter and once over?????

fuck me and i let people come over and use my shop for free????

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckler View Post
I wish I'd kept track of what I set the suspension to on mine. I think I had a copy of the 990R/1090RR shop manual (couldn't find a 1090R manual), courtesy of Donsy, and set my suspension as a hybrid between street and track. When I first bought it I found the suspension soft, but compression brutally unforgiving, but I'm quite pleased with it now (still wish for compression adjustment in the rear though).

I have started to find the front brakes a bit soft (will still lock the front full on though ) and rear brake pretty ineffective lately (definitely not locking the rear tire under any effort, free ABS ). Hoping that bleeding front and rear and cleaning up the discs will take care of those issues. Almost to the 6000km mark now.
Sorry to hack an old thread.

New to the forum and have looked for quite a while now and I couldn't find a manual for a '11 1090R

The documents and faq section is near emtpy - is that an anomaly tonight only perhaps?

Again, sorry for asking a question that everyone else found an answer to via Donsy

Thanks!

2011 1090R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode