No throttle between idle to 4000 RPM - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

No throttle between idle to 4000 RPM

Hi,

I have just bought a 2013 model 1090R had it a week and having great fun but after getting back from a long ride over the weekend I noticed problems with the throttle response when I get back into town.

It idles nicely but as I open the throttle the revs do not change. You can see the throttle free play slack get taken up, then feel the cables moving. Then at about 1/8th throttle there is a step change with it jumping up to 4000RPM. This is reproducible. Its like nothing, nothing then bang revs. So its quite hard to ride now. In effect I can not get it to rev at 2000 or 3000 RPM.

I checked the free play in the throttle cables and it is like normal standard 5mm play. I can feel the cables and not sticking. Not sure if the Brutale is fly by wire and it a problem with the throttle position sensor. (Where ever that might be)

Any thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:38 PM

Have the same problem - but with the race ecu. The standard ECU worked well, no problems with it.

With the race ECU I have nothing in between idle and 3000 rpm.

Adjusting the TPS a second time did NOT help.

Take the bike to the dealer.......

Jochen

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Hmm ok, as its first service is only a week or two away, I will monitor it and warn them to check when I drop it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 02:37 AM

It should not be doing that at all,SERVICE ISSUE.get them to fix it.trust me do not try and solve it youself.

cheers eddy
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Ok. Will run up to the dealer tomorrow. Will I post what happens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 11:12 AM

New Site Garage
Interested in hearing if the dealer can fix this. My 2011 has a 1k-3k jump. It's possible to sometimes get it to sit in between, but it's not very consistent. Doesn't really effect the rideability of the brute, so I just take it as an MV quirk for now. I've read that a Microtek/PCV setup can smooth this out, but that's a future purchase at the moment.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckler View Post
Interested in hearing if the dealer can fix this. My 2011 has a 1k-3k jump. It's possible to sometimes get it to sit in between, but it's not very consistent. Doesn't really effect the rideability of the brute, so I just take it as an MV quirk for now. I've read that a Microtek/PCV setup can smooth this out, but that's a future purchase at the moment.
Mine used to be somewhat like that. My dealer dynoed my bike and tuned that on/off throttle issue right out of it. It's much improved, and it didn't cost me my unborn child either.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

OK so took it back, they connected up the computer and mentioned that it was out. I think they said it had a reading like 1.2 and they put it to 2.4 or something like that.
Anyway it is a lot smoother, still a bit of a step but much better.

Question is now I am interested in this computer hook up system. Looking at the manuals there is software you can download and connect up your bike to fiddle with this setting. I would like to play around with it and learn more. "The VDST tool". Has any Brutale owner had a go with it?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
It should not be doing that at all,SERVICE ISSUE.get them to fix it.trust me do not try and solve it yourself.

cheers eddy
quite true Eddy

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

spoke to soon still rough + video of problem

Hi, its still not right.

Anyway will take it to Trooper Lu in Sydney. http://www.trooperlu.com.au
Them seem to be specializing in MV bikes.
Here is a Video of the problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8-r7dlOAI

Lane Splitting in Traffic is now very hard slipping the clutch alot to get low speeds. Gearbox is getting a thump now as i change gears.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode