Tank Removal/Re-Install - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to t1n0m3n
Tank Removal/Re-Install

I removed my tank and when I line it up to put the fittings/hoses stuff back on I notice that there is a spigot coming out of the bottom of the tank with nothing to attach. What is supposed to go on this thing? It is a metal piece with the word "Weber" on it and a spigot pointing towards the white fitting. It looks like a hose belongs there, but I can't seem to find any hose that would fit.

I tried searching, but I couldn't really get an idea of what this is.

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s Silver/Red, Emoto Hugger
2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

One more thing, it is a bit late for this, but how do you put the tank on without scratching the FI rails?

2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

BTW, I was getting a 5k rpm rattle (the reason for the tank removal) I found that the little plastic piece on the left side (the one with the CRC sticker on it) was very loose. (Per advice on this board.)
I snugged up all six bolts holding on both sides to the tank. Hopefully that will be enough. If it comes loose again, I will throw some loctite on there and call it good.

I have the bike all back together and ready to go provided that the spigot thing is normally not connected to anything. I distinctly remember only four hoses and the electrical plug. My next step is starting it up and testing it out. Rattle be gone! Next up are the mirrors... Got to figure out how to get them to stop rattling.

Took me a bit to figure out the hose routing. First time I put the hoses back on I looked under the tank and the right side overflow hose was kinked by the black clicker fitting. I removed the fittings and put the breather hose on after the fittings.... Much better. Black fitting, white fitting, right side overflow, electrical plug, left side overflow. Installed in that order. Looks good now, nothing kinked that I can see.

Last edited by t1n0m3n; 12-26-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 10:57 PM

The Spigot that has weber written on it goes nowhere. dont worry it is just a vent. i went through the same dilema when I pulled my tank.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 10:59 PM

You will never get the Mirrors to stop rattling. That is how they were designed. you know you dont have to pull those two braces off the side of the tank to get it off? Just got to wiggle it around a bit and it will go on.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yes, I didn't remove the two braces, however, in wiggling around those braces scratch the FI rail. However, you can't see the scratches with all the side panels in place... I guess it is ok.

So it is just a vent... Cool that is what I was thinking, but thought I would make sure. Didn't want my baby to go up in a ball of flame or anything. hehe

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 11:35 PM

Nah, just a vent, you will not be Ghost Rider anytime soon!!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 AM

emoto sdvises removing the right-side tank bracket to avoid damaging the fuel rail...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfx
emoto sdvises removing the right-side tank bracket to avoid damaging the fuel rail...

That's per the factory manual but it's not strictly required if you are careful.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 12:23 PM

Hey JamesC,

BTW, many thanks for the fantastic resource that you've put together at MVFAQ. I decided to go with the advice to remove the bracket. Mainly because I'm an OLD hack! My days of taking shortcuts are long gone....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode