2012 1090rr exhaust system - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Question 2012 1090rr exhaust system

Had my Brutale for a few weeks now and love it!

I want to upgrade the exhaust but am curious to know if any other owners have had issues with the fuel mapping? Does a full system require a power commander or map upgrade or is there certain systems that are compatible with the Brutale?

I dont know anyone else with a Brut and get mixed messages from the internet and the dealer.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
because they told me not to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 03:18 AM

Hello Mv aus
welcolme to the site
check my topic on the issue
to be short, no remapping needed as such , runs fine with standard ecu
but if you wanted some extra horses PC 5 is recommended
it would cost me 750 euro , including dyno set up time
and for me it is not worth it
but to each there own..
cheers
Peter
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54028

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "TEAMWORK"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvAus View Post
Had my Brutale for a few weeks now and love it!

I want to upgrade the exhaust but am curious to know if any other owners have had issues with the fuel mapping? Does a full system require a power commander or map upgrade or is there certain systems that are compatible with the Brutale?

I dont know anyone else with a Brut and get mixed messages from the internet and the dealer.

Thanks
If you keep the lambda sensor and a legal silencer you shouldn't need to change the ECU, especially if you are happy with the way bike runs now.

Shaun

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Established Member

Just dont get a race ecu, wasted my money on one and ended up putting a pcv on as well, runs better with the pcv and now just waiting to get it tuned so its all running perfect.

Im presuming your from Australia? Stock mapping is very rich here and even more so with a race ecu. My suggestion would be stock ecu or pcv and tune. Or if you got the money microtec ecu and tune.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 06:13 AM

I have a new 2012 1090 RR as well. I bought the bike and fitted the MV titanium sport exhaust straight away. The system is quite expensive. It removes the lambda sensor and cat and comes with a factory specific ECU. http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...090-rr-y11--ec

When they installed the system they made the mistake of not resetting the TPS. The bike didn't run well at all below 3K. After resetting the TPS to the new ECU.. the bike runs great!

If I was doing it again.. I would buy just the down pipe and the muffler and forgoe the MV ECU for this particular system and I would contact Chris at Xbike and fit the Microtec ECU with one of his maps... I suspect that his pre-setup ECUs that match a pipe setup that he has already done would be a quite good starting point thus avoiding dyno time.

As a side note... the MV sport system is basically a rebadged Arrow. It is loud and you will have to wear ear plugs for any extended time on a ride.... but I love it.

Anytime you change a component of the exhaust and intake.... my experience is that you have to be able to tune it. MV has 3 ECUs from what I can tell.

1. the one that came on the bike with the standard exhaust (that is actually capable of being remapped as that is being done by Fast by Ferraci. http://www.ferracci.com/bikeList.php?brand=2&cat=7

2. the prepared ECU that would come with a MV system and that is not able to be remapped.

3. and a MV "race" ECU that apparently is able to be adjusted or remapped if you will http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...-mvcorse-stk09

As I mentioned before.. my bike runs pretty good right now... but I will in the future install the Microtec from Chris at Xbike in the UK after I recover from spending cash on all the other goodies for bike. My only reservation is that his maps might be a little off just as the gas in the UK is probably different from the US. I do realize that the only way to get the best tune would be to actually do the dyno time with a really good tuner.
Attached Images

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Awesome thanks for the feedback

because they told me not to
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 12:48 AM

just get Chris from x bikes ecu,works pretty good,

cheers eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode