Rizoma Grips for my 910S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Question Rizoma Grips for my 910S

Has anyone installed the Rizoma grips ? I just received the grips (natural/silver), matching bar ends with sliders, and MV adapter for the throttle/grip from PJ's Parts - I want to install them for my Christmas present to myself. If you have done this, is the throttle grip installation fairly easy or am I going to mess it up - I am mechanically oriented but I do not want to mess up the throttle cables on an MV as my dealer is a ways from my house (about 60 miles). Any advice ? It looks easy ???? Famous last words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Established Member

Hi there. I did this on my 750S last year, and there was no problem when you picked the correct throttle adapter. The only thing is that I find the barends (weigths) not heavy enough, wich can cause some wobble tendency (it looks nice, but I'm thinking of changing back to the original weights). The grips itselfs however, suits me just find. Good luck
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

I completed the task with little trouble as I was sent the correct throttle adapter from PJ's. I did note the light-weight bar ends and I am concerned about increased vibration - I have a Matris 4R damper so I do not think wobble will be an issue. It is cold and raining here today so maybe I can ride tomorrow and test out the new set up. I do like the larger radius of the Rizoma grips and hopefully vibration will not be an issue. I will take some pics and post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Pics of Rizoma Grips Attached - I Hope

My first attempt in this forum to attach pictures.
Attached Images

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 02:57 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrudnicki
My first attempt in this forum to attach pictures.
whow!!!
Compliments,I like .
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 04:34 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
i was going to buy these for my brutale a few months back
and they DO look good
but.... i was under the impression that they are so HARD as to render them more UNcomfortable than the stock ones

how did YOU find their hardness and comfort?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Greg: 1) I think they look killer. I always worry about adding aftermarket parts because I do not want to screw up the designer's original vision but in this case I think they look awesome and the total set-up from PJ's was only $100; 2) no increase in vibration or wobble - I have never really experienced the common vibration issue mentioned repeatedly in this forum except at high rpm/riding hard and with the useless mirrors; 3) yes, they are "harder" than the stock grips and I was concerned about comfort, but in my opinion they are much more comfortable riding than the stock grips even though I have ridden less than 100 miles since installation; plus, the throttle does not seem nearly as twitchy b/c I have greater control with the larger grips. Let me explain IMO why - the stock grips have a really small radius, which results in increased pressure on your palm despite the thicker padding (i.e this is a simple physics issue: decreasing surface area = increasing pressure/force). So, even though the Rizoma grips are considerably harder than the stock grips, because their radius is larger than stock, the pressure on your palms when riding is significantly less. In this manner, the Rizomas are truly much more comfortable for me as I have large hands and I hate small grips. In addition, the Rizoma grips are "tackier" in your hand. For me, the larger radius, better grip, etc. all equals much finer and better throttle control of the bike. I can actually dial in and maintain very subtle throttle differences with these grips. I know this all sounds like BS and I apologize for the extended review on some dumb grips but it is the best $100 I have spent upgrading any bike I have had, especially a bike that use to have a twitchy throttle problem apparently due to the rider's inability to master throttle control. When I ordered these it was purely for cosmetic reasons thinking I would be sacrificing comfort for looks, but I was wrong. Hope this helps and that you have not rolled your eyes three or four times while reading this review. I like these Rizoma grips so much I now need to order some $300 to $500 Rizoma mirrors to replace the elbow mirrors on my Brutale.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:56 AM
The Dude

I like the grips. Thanks for the pics. Will look into maybe getting some later. I've got the exact same Brutale, it def. looks good.

100$ ain't bad.

The other one I was looking at was the MOMO ones. But these look a) better and b) better feel.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
i like larger grips too
BUT......
the clutch engagement on MY bike is SO close to the grip now... completely the opposite of my BMW....
that making the grip any larger will cause you not to be able to engage the grip at all

so......
how do i ADJUST that?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

does your R have a different cluth and set-up than my S ? I am assuming yes due to your upgraded R gear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode