brutale price dropping - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

brutale price dropping

Looks like 910S' are coming down in price a bit - Ferracci ad price - Good time to buy.

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910 Red/Black 2 13,495
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910 Black/Red 2 13,495
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910 Silver/Red 2 13,495
2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910R Black/Red/Grey 2 17,995
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:12 AM

I purchased my 910S for much less than that.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker998
Looks like 910S' are coming down in price a bit - Ferracci ad price - Good time to buy.

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910 Red/Black 2 13,495
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910 Black/Red 2 13,495
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910 Silver/Red 2 13,495
2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910R Black/Red/Grey 2 17,995
I know.
The same situation here in Italy,and second hand of 750 S a lot of price is come down!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 03:56 AM

Let me tell you...THIS SUCKS!!! I think a brand like MV Agusta doesn't need to do this. This is the japanese style...what's next, a model every two years? I'm soo pissed!!! I've never seen Ducati, Triumph...doing this....
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Established Member

IMO Ferro you may be looking at this the wrong way, MV makes a total of 7500 bikes a year between the F4 and Brutale.
With very low production #s in comparison to japanese companies these bikes will always be a rarely seen item.
Just my opinion
Chris

'DOnt act like your not ImPREssed"
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
Let me tell you...THIS SUCKS!!! I think a brand like MV Agusta doesn't need to do this. This is the japanese style...what's next, a model every two years? I'm soo pissed!!! I've never seen Ducati, Triumph...doing this....
did you really buy your bike just so that it would keep it's value to sell later?

did you really think that buying your MV was an INVESTMENT?

every motorcycle drops in value about 30% the day you drive it off the lot
it's always been that way
it always WILL be that way

so.....
forget about what it is "worth"
just go and out and ride the thing.....
that IS why you bought it.... right?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You got to keep in mind it costs the dealers money to keep inventory on their floors, just like auto dealers. I don't see a problem with a dealer dropping the price on last year's models (leftovers) to try and move them. I also disagree that this is Japanese style. It's not. Japanese style is to flood the market with various models, manufactured as cheaply as possible on a robotic assembly line (while retaining a modicum of quality), to maximize profits. Nothing against Jap bikes, I own a FJR1300, but there is a world of difference in quality of materials, fit, and finish between my F4 and my FJR.

... and the F4 turns a lot more heads.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I've never seen Ducati, Triumph...doing this....
FWIW, Triumph has done this many times, often in conjunction with 0% financing or other incentives like free hard bags. Oh, and though Ducati hasn't done it officially, I was offered a DS1K at $9k OTD by a dealer desperate to move last year's model.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 01:04 PM

So, you walk into a dealer and look at a 2007 910S and a 2006 910S. (both identical) If they were the same price which one would you buy??

They have to get rid of old stock and the savings just helps make up for the fact that the 06 is one model year older than the new one....that effects re-sale also.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

I think I was shaking the wrong end of the stick - I'm happy I bought mine when I did, I posted the prices to ENCOURAGE others to get out there and snap 'em up, oops I'm shouting again, actually the prices on 05 f4's are really interesting especially if you like the traditional red/silver package, of course bikes take a massive hit in relative price especially if you have to have the latest and greatest and trade all the time. My Brutale is a keeper and personally I like my bikes the more I modify and change them to my own taste and that's one of the great things about timeless Tambo design. As long as I get $15k's worth of really good fun and adventure, pride of ownership I cannot expect more. I hope to still be riding mine in 15 years - 60 years old on a Brutale still smacking the chops of the young punks! yeah Baby!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode