Fallen in love all over again.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Fallen in love all over again....

I retightened my steering head.....and the same feelings of love from the 1st day I took the maiden ride, came back all over again....all thatnmks to Altoon for comin to the rescue by overnighting me his tools. I can't express enough how grateful I am!!!!

I've tested bike when my steering head was slightly loose, and the Brute still fell lightyears more agile and stiff.

Now that it's tightened all up, I had a hard time getting off, lol.

My steering collar, holy crap, was about a 30 degree turn loose after I put the tool on. The little white lines where lined up, but it was still loose. I didn't have a TQ wrench so I tightened her till she stopped, and gave a small nudge tighter. Nothing seriously tight, but very snug. She still moves back and forth freely, but harder than what I was used to. I honestly don't think I overtightened her, I'm thinking I was just used to the extremely loose headset.

Eitherway, the entire thing took about 45 minutes, from start to finish. The thing that took the longest was taking off the headlight, as I only had allen wrenches, not socket allens, and the allen keys couldn't turn completely as the turn signals were in the way. Otherwise, it worked out fine, with no issues. The triple clamp coming off and going back on is the hardest part. going on being extrmely difficult. So I set it on there straight,got a rubber mallet and tapped it down.

It's a breeze of an procedure when you have all the tools, all the bolts are majorly different so you don't even need to put them in seperate places, it's obvious what bolt goes where. One thing I noticed though, where the bolts that hold the gauge cluster on, are magnesium....

eMoto, you should get the collar tool. MV dealers want $106 for the tool. if you could beat that price, I think you'de sell a bunch. it's the one tool you don't have on your site.

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.

Last edited by oicdn; 12-21-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Good man, Altoon!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode