brutale question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

brutale question

What classification is best suited for this bike? Meaning can you ride it all day in comfort or is a bike that is a hooligan wheelie or pure sexy bike that is a second or third bike? I am thinking of buying one for back road driving...but im looking for a comfortable back road driver...is this the bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:32 AM

The Brutale is all things to all people!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, while it's not merely a hooligan bike (ie speed3), it's not really a tourer either. While some (including myself) have done 600 mile days on one, it's no bmw. Further, while the riding position is great, it doesn't really like traffic, although some (like myself) commute daily with theirs.

The Brutale is a true "naked"...It is an F4 with its fairings stripped, and handledars. A true sports bike.

BTW, it LOVES the track, canyons, everything!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
The Brutale is all things to all people!!!!!!

Seriously though, while it's not merely a hooligan bike (ie speed3), it's not really a tourer either. While some (including myself) have done 600 mile days on one, it's no bmw. Further, while the riding position is great, it doesn't really like traffic, although some (like myself) commute daily with theirs.

The Brutale is a true "naked"...It is an F4 with its fairings stripped, and handledars. A true sports bike.

BTW, it LOVES the track, canyons, everything!
+1!!!Good words.
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricster
What classification is best suited for this bike? Meaning can you ride it all day in comfort or is a bike that is a hooligan wheelie or pure sexy bike that is a second or third bike? I am thinking of buying one for back road driving...but im looking for a comfortable back road driver...is this the bike?
The Brutale is a true sport "naked" bike. Very well in low and high speed curves, you can take curves over 200km/h and nothing special happend; suspension on the hard side; I have done 500km in some hours without any trouble and possibly it would be more comfortable on a BMW; bike feels better on the road than in city; in curves it's difficult to be beated by another bike; sound is very agressive, foremost without the cat (last sunday at a gas stop a guy says to me "what bike is that MW, it sounds so different than all others?", and I replay "It depends on with wich one you compare me!"; on highways at high speed itīs better to consider a screen for wind protection; brakes, front and rear, very well; seat is a little hard, but correct for the typical use of this bike, but not very comfortable for the passenger; instruments also very fine; it's really a very fine bike with superb performance with limits that are not usable for normal drivers.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast JDH
The Brutale is a true sport "naked" bike. Very well in low and high speed curves, you can take curves over 200km/h and nothing special happend; suspension on the hard side; I have done 500km in some hours without any trouble and possibly it would be more comfortable on a BMW; bike feels better on the road than in city; in curves it's difficult to be beated by another bike; sound is very agressive, foremost without the cat (last sunday at a gas stop a guy says to me "what bike is that MW, it sounds so different than all others?", and I replay "It depends on with wich one you compare me!"; on highways at high speed itīs better to consider a screen for wind protection; brakes, front and rear, very well; seat is a little hard, but correct for the typical use of this bike, but not very comfortable for the passenger; instruments also very fine; it's really a very fine bike with superb performance with limits that are not usable for normal drivers.
amen
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 PM

Depends what *you* mean by *comfortable*. I've ridden maybe 100 miles on Interstates in the last 10 years and I avoid straight roads like the plague so take my input with a grain of salt.

Coming from a 996, this bike is a easy chair. Now, if you were coming from a BMW or an ST-4, it may be a different story. Again, all depends on what you're used to and what you want. My biggest gripe with the Brut is the seat comfort or lack thereof. On longer rides I always ride with (padded) bicycle shorts under my leathers. That helps. I'll probably get some sort of a seat mod/rebuild done at some future point.

Note that some don't find the seat to be an issue at all. At the same time, others find the ergos to be cramped, some feel the need for different bars, some fit different pegs... I find it fits like a glove without a desire for any mods except for the seat issue. Again, depends on what you like and expect.

Overall, the seat thing is a very small price to pay for a bike that is superb in town, superb in the canyons. For me it's the perfect blend of sportiness, canyon ability, in town comfort... Just plain fun, fun, fun. Hope you find something that works this well for you.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:48 PM

Funny really, my bmw 1150 rt was the most uncomfortable bike I have ever ridden, shoulder pain, neck pain, lower back pain, and the stock seat sucked - I traded it for... a Brutale! Seriously.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 03:44 PM

Man, I thought they were all BarcaLounger comfy. Shows you what I know. Haven't been on a BMW since a ride on a R-90S in the 70's...

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM

I`v always said that in my Porsche you can feel a dime (coin) and tell if it is heads up. The Brutale gives you that much information about the road and that is why it will make you tired sooner, in addition to some lack of comfort. And the fact it is it is so much fun to get on the throttle.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 02:04 AM

To add my first real 200 mile experience on a Brutale 1090r. The all in one seat is a tad uncomforable. The slope up to the pillion area is a little too steeply curved, Could do with some stuffing removing.
Do the 2 piece seats interchange with the one piece ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode