12k service cost - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

12k service cost

Can anyone give me an idea of how much the 12,000km service on a 2011 1090R should cost, approximately?

I'm getting it done at Peter Stevens in Melbourne. Just want to make sure I don't get pwnd

Brutale 1090R 2011
Ducati Monster 696
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink Ps

take some KY with Lidocaine with you

they tell me it won't hurt as much

i have no idea what they charge.....i do all my own work.....because its my old ass that will hit the ground

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM

You should probably ask them before you book it in....

From memory you are looking at :

Oil + filter ( it'll be about $100 just for the oil)
Air filter
Spark plugs
Fuel filter
hub service
check everything

I'd say $600 to $1000

Call or email Trooper Lu in Sydney and ask them what they charge for a comparison, pretty sure they had a fixed price service list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteoroz View Post
Can anyone give me an idea of how much the 12,000km service on a 2011 1090R should cost, approximately?

I'm getting it done at Peter Stevens in Melbourne. Just want to make sure I don't get pwnd
Peter Stevenshave heard some horror stories about them,count on around $1000.00-$1500.00.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 AM

New Site Garage
Over here that would be around €500,00

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Established Member

Am getting mine done tomorrow @ Castle Hill Motorcycles.
I'll give you a price when i'm Finished. After this I'll learn to do minor stuff myself.
Trooper Lu's whilst a great store. Are too pricey for me, and also out of the way.
I think alot of people have the reasoning that because its MV, they are allowed to charge alot more, or you should pay alot more.
The only thing I'm iffy on is the hub check. and I'll speak to them about it when I drop it off.

+80
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Established Member

Here you go

The only thing I am dubious on is my hub/bearings etc.
Michael said one side was siezed (probably from it being poorly packaged at Italia), that said, I have done 12,000km on it and never noticed a thing, not that I even know what to notice.
So I may get it looked at by someone else, or even replaced. I intend to do the Oxley next week but he said bring it in and will just double check to make sure its all good.
My rear brake also seems to of lost some bite, but i'll let them know of that tomorrow.

All in all, bike feels good, serviced bikes always feel great, like a new bike, and didnt cost me a fortune.

+80
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Update on this 12000km service:

When I dropped the bike off for the service, Peter Stevens called me and told me there was an issue with my bike. They said that one of the rear axle nuts was 'finger tight', and that because of this, the rear hub and bearings were completely destroyed. They said I was lucky the back wheel hadn't come off and they couldn't allow the bike to be ridden in its current condition - so I should leave it there until the parts came in.

They told me not to worry, as it would be repaired under warranty (?!). They also said the tyres, chain and sprockets would need to be replaced as part of the normal service. When I questioned why it would be repaired under warranty, I was told "I wouldn't be asking too many questions if I were you, or you might have to pay for it yourself"! I can't understand why it would be covered by warranty unless it was a known issue with these bikes.

Also, the only people who have worked on the bike, ever, are PS and Krooztune (who tuned my suspension). I called Krooztune and they said that when they replaced the rear shock spring, they didn't have to take the rear wheel off. So that means that PS would have been the only ones to have ever touched the rear wheel nuts - when they would have tightened the chain at the first two services.

So now I've been waiting for nearly four weeks for the parts to arrive - should be here by mid-next week I'm told now.

Sheesh! It's been an expensive 8 months!

Brutale 1090R 2011
Ducati Monster 696
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 AM

Chain and sprockets at 12000km, the service manual might call for it but it's unlikely they actually need replacing yet. Did you check what they looked like before you took it in ?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

No, I never did check them. Although I did notice that the rear tyre looked just slightly worn - it's been through a lot

Brutale 1090R 2011
Ducati Monster 696

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode