Fastest Indian Rally - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Fastest Indian Rally

Hi, Just got all the credit card stuff from going to the "Burt Munroe memorial rally" held in his home town in New Zealand, where he actually did the stuff with that Indian. Total distance I travelled on my 910R was 4458 km in 7 days.
My observations long distance on this thing is possible "longest day" was 763 km in 9 hours and I'M TELLING YOU it was a long day Butt ache, back ache, anything you got that is not sore will be sore. But it"s worth it. Soon as you come to the twisties or a stretch where you want to wind it out a bit makes it all worth the effort. My only problem on the whole trip was on the last 500km my headlight lens fell off, which I'm trying to claim under warranty but the dealer I purchased it off doesn't seem to be answering my emails at the moment, in NZ the headlight cost around $630 US. I hope he is just busy because it Christmas and hasn't been able to get back to me. I also did 3000k with a plug in the tyre which some won't agree with but a new tyre and rip off shops wanting 50 percent above a new tyre price to change it I tried it out not going over 150kph much. Sometimes it happens if you know what I mean
Overall my fuel consumption was 12.3 kilometers per litre you yanks can convert that yourselves cos our gallons are bigger than yours so it's too hard.
And yes Spalding 12 they drool over MV's here, I'm still polishing off the fingerprints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:32 AM

New Site Garage
Nice Ride you had there, any pictures? Did you had any other problems?

Kostas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Just posted some in registry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Hey KiwiDoc,

Good onya! I think its great that you are pushing the envelpoe like this, yes its a little painful but tremendous fun as well, yes? In 2005 I rode the F4 from Los Angeles up the coast into Canada, taking in the return of the Grand Prix in Laguna Seca along the way. I think it was a 5,500 mile loop in a couple of weeks, no major mechanical troubles- but like you I had a few minor annoyances. Incidently, a similar trip attempted this year was cut short due to a myriad of ECU troubles, not the bikes fault actually, the dealers here in the states are pathetic and its my fault for assumeing they know how to sort the bike. I think its great that you have done this on a MV and I'm sure your journey will inspire others. Excelent! Oh, and to anyone considering an extended sport-tour on their MV- you can do it!

Between the hedges,

FBD

Last edited by firebreathingdog; 12-19-2006 at 07:21 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:19 AM

Serious miles there

That's an impressive ride - one that I'm hoping to emulate mid-Feb, except I'm not game to do it on my Brute....... not that partial to saddle-sore you understand. Plus I can imagine having to anticipate the many gas stops that may be worrying due to distances between townships in the south island. I salute you Kiwidoc!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idubbs
That's an impressive ride - one that I'm hoping to emulate mid-Feb, except I'm not game to do it on my Brute....... not that partial to saddle-sore you understand. Plus I can imagine having to anticipate the many gas stops that may be worrying due to distances between townships in the south island. I salute you Kiwidoc!
Go for it man that's probably the best time of the year weather wise. If you are doing it on a bike avoid the East Coast, try to use the Inland route and the West Coast better scenery and and more corners, oops sorry your not taking the Brute... you'll be sorry when you get back missing all those great roads. Lake Wanaka to Haast to Greymouth has to be one of the greatest NZ rides. Anyway how are you enjoying the MV that you beat me too which got me started on the love affair with MV's.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:55 AM

No regrets, mate! I'm having a ball on this beast - wouldn't swap it for the world. .....One push of that starter button causes a whole chain reaction to many other buttons being pushed . As for the S.I - I've done that circuit you mentioned several times before. Yes, those curves down the west coast get better, and better as I get older and older!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode