Reflections on my first week of ownership... - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
King of the Sink
 
Sventekoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,571
Reflections on my first week of ownership...

I can't believe it's been a week. I've already booked it in for its first service (yes, I've been riding it a bit). Unfortunately, they can't do it until early in the new year - so I might have to change the oil myself, at least.

There are very few things I've purchased where the novelty hasn't worn off fairly quickly. That's just basic psychology. In this case, because this machine can demand skills far above mine, there will always be a challenge for me - and I'm sure my passion will only grow.

Anyway, some more things I've learned:

1. I need to get some information sheets printed up to hand out to people walking past. It was really nice to have all the attention for the first couple of days, but it's wearing a little thin now. I've even had some tourists take a photo of their little girl sitting on it - which was nice.

2. I didn't realise that I'd bought two bikes. The first one exists below about 7,000RPM, and the second one comes to life above 7,000RPM. Quite a difference!

3. I'll be buying one of those under-seat fuel containers for emergencies. Petrol stations can be a long way apart in Oz, and 140km on a tank might cause problems.

4. I wish I was young, good looking, and single again. Well, not really - but you know what I mean!

5. I don't think I'll ever get the steering problem fixed - you know, the one that takes you the long way home every day...
Sventekoz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:47 AM
Senior Member
 
boussias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 419
New Site Garage
Thanks for sharing. Nice bike, enjoy riding. Hope to see more pictures or better a video.

Kostas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boussias is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Senior Member
 
agusta01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,434
Nice thoughts, any modifications planned?
agusta01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
King of the Sink
 
Sventekoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01
Nice thoughts, any modifications planned?
I have a rear hugger and a matris damper on the way from eMoto (I hope). They've apparently had some problems getting hold of the damper, and I'm just waiting to hear from them. Oh - and a tank bag...
Sventekoz is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
I can't believe it's been a week. I've already booked it in for its first service (yes, I've been riding it a bit). Unfortunately, they can't do it until early in the new year - so I might have to change the oil myself, at least.

There are very few things I've purchased where the novelty hasn't worn off fairly quickly. That's just basic psychology. In this case, because this machine can demand skills far above mine, there will always be a challenge for me - and I'm sure my passion will only grow.

Anyway, some more things I've learned:

1. I need to get some information sheets printed up to hand out to people walking past. It was really nice to have all the attention for the first couple of days, but it's wearing a little thin now. I've even had some tourists take a photo of their little girl sitting on it - which was nice.

2. I didn't realise that I'd bought two bikes. The first one exists below about 7,000RPM, and the second one comes to life above 7,000RPM. Quite a difference!

3. I'll be buying one of those under-seat fuel containers for emergencies. Petrol stations can be a long way apart in Oz, and 140km on a tank might cause problems.

4. I wish I was young, good looking, and single again. Well, not really - but you know what I mean!

5. I don't think I'll ever get the steering problem fixed - you know, the one that takes you the long way home every day...

what a great read
the "duality" of the bike is one of its most intriguing features

i LOVE #4

where I live.....
the bike does NOT get the notice that you mention
unless i stop where there is a group of riders... folks rarely come over and ask about the bike.
i might be the only one with that experience (and.... i'm sure you realize that i'm fine with that)... it just always struck me as a bit odd.

once again....
i wish that we weren't half-a-planet away from each other
weekly rides with YOU would be a very welcome event

continue to enjoy what has to be one of the most amazing bikes every created



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
King of the Sink
 
Sventekoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,571
I'll meet you halfway Greg - although it might be a little wet in the middle of the Pacific...

The security guys at university told me not to leave the bike in the motorcycle bays tonight. They told me to ride it up and leave it outside my office, because "You can't leave something gorgeous and naked alone in a carpark."
Sventekoz is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
I'll meet you halfway Greg - although it might be a little wet in the middle of the Pacific...

The security guys at university told me not to leave the bike in the motorcycle bays tonight. They told me to ride it up and leave it outside my office, because "You can't leave something gorgeous and naked alone in a carpark."

we could ride around the deck of some ocean liner

i'm glad you left it outside your office....
great comment about the "naked and alone"



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
King of the Sink
 
Sventekoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,571
What a sad image - a couple of Brutale nuts doing laps of the poop deck. Do you think we'd be having dinner with the captain?

Actually, we could always do a fry-up on the engine - it's sure hot enough!
Sventekoz is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
What a sad image - a couple of Brutale nuts doing laps of the poop deck. Do you think we'd be having dinner with the captain?

Actually, we could always do a fry-up on the engine - it's sure hot enough!
ah, the engine is hot
and i'm sure that the captain would have us at his table.
..... especially have we give him a turn on the brutes as well



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 08:29 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 403
You know, it is funny. I agree with Greg. My bike doesn't get too many second looks. They sure look when I am blowing by them on the road though. I can identify with the "steering problem". I just don't think that this bike will ever turn into "just another one of my bikes". It is reallt and truly a special machine. I do have one regret....not buying one sooner....
jdog is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome