# of Brutales imported into US by year - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

# of Brutales imported into US by year

Anyone have any data in regards to how many Brutales have been imported into the US over the years. My Ducati buddy thinks maybe a couple hundred per year model at best. I have no data to refute that. Any info on this?

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBrutale910sRider View Post
Anyone have any data in regards to how many Brutales have been imported into the US over the years. My Ducati buddy thinks maybe a couple hundred per year model at best. I have no data to refute that. Any info on this?

Pete
I think you buddy is right it's in the 100's and not 1000's. The fact you guys in the US are still waiting for 2013 models is another indication that the US market is not a big one for MVA.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:51 PM

I think he's right too. I saw a figure saying that MV was aiming to sell 7500 bikes last year. Split that out by all the models and the percent comes to the US and you are getting down there. Compared to Ducati, which sold 9,817 bikes in the first quarter of this year alone -- and that's down 5% from last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Established Member

While MVA don't sell a massive amount of bikes, their B3 675 and 800 are proving to be very popular, sales overall have increased across the range, where as other brands have dropped.
Now you could argue that sales were already low it would be difficult to sell even less. Still I think MVA future looks good, they have a fresh range of beautiful bikes, prices are competitive against Ducati, the summer release of the Rivale which looks incredible and the rumored F3 800, I can only see MVA improving.
Some of you guys more in the know with MV, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM

still no brutes on the ground in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
While MVA don't sell a massive amount of bikes, their B3 675 and 800 are proving to be very popular, sales overall have increased across the range, where as other brands have dropped.
Now you could argue that sales were already low it would be difficult to sell even less. Still I think MVA future looks good, they have a fresh range of beautiful bikes, prices are competitive against Ducati, the summer release of the Rivale which looks incredible and the rumored F3 800, I can only see MVA improving.
Some of you guys more in the know with MV, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM

There have been 675's and 800's sitting at the port for sometime now. They have been waiting there for homologation in the US.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode