2011 or 12 1090rr - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

2011 or 12 1090rr

Hi guys. You helped me out a lot before so I'm here again. I had a 2006 910s. Had all those SPU and ECU problems that finally got solved. A couple weeks ago was riding early morning, hit the white cross walk paint at a bad angle and, badaboo badabing, bike is totaled. I'm fine. Great settlement. Actually got a couple,grand more than I paid. I'm left with just my moto guzzi stelvio. Great on the highway but not too fun. I was thinking about just getting one bike that combines the Stelvios highway with the Brutale's fun. Probably a Multistrada. Problem is I loved the Brutale. It just wasn't too fun on the highway. And it was a bit hyper around town. So the questions: would the 2011 1090rr be as crazy? Do they have all those electrical issues? Since they're a bit bigger would they be a little more comfortable on the highway. I think my head is saying Multi but my heart is saying Brutale? What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 02:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
Go with your heart of course! I love my 2011 Brutale, it's roomier than earlier models & a bit more comfortable. I leave mine in sport map 99% of the time but if I'm in gnarly city traffic rain map is a bit smoother & relaxed. It's great in the corners & out on the highway, do it!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man. Any big difference between the 11 or 12? I found one of each. About a 2 grand difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Established Member

Yo Metroart,
I own a 2013 1090R which has the same engine as the 2010-2011 1090RR. The bike is just unbelievable. Throttle control is very direct but way better then the 910R's i had the change to do a decent ride with in the past. The engine has so much power in all gears you can ride it lazy with less gear changes or shortshift through the gearbox. It's like everytime you change gear the amount of torque stays the same. You can ride it very calm through town without any problems and you don't need to come down one or two gears to get it going, just give it some twist and off it is....

Arrange a testride if you have the chance! Oh, and forget the Multistrada. They are no competition in regards of cornering nor power. Have had some ride-outs with some friends who own Multi 1200's. They were all very surprised what the Brute is capable of!

Oh, btw, the 2011 has 144hp (more torque) and the 2012 158hp (less torque, more top-end).

Guy

2013 Brutale 1090R

Last edited by iBike; 05-15-2013 at 02:31 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 500TVR
Buy it!

I have the 1090 RR and I drive my father 1200 GS. I love the MV and I smile everytime I twist the trottle. It is comfortable but I ha e added a Tamburini wind screen for the highway. The only thing I do not like is the low mpg and the high temperature in slow traffic. I ordered a microtec from xbike to solve these problems.
The BMW is much more comfortable and protective. It is very rationale and fuel efficient. It is more friendly for riding with the passenger but I would never buy it for myself having tried the Brutale! I have the 2011 model. The 2012 is very similar but the more powerfull engine lost some mid range torque that for this bike is everything. In any case buy it! you will never regret it. 2011 and 2012 models have no problems like some of the earlier models but check the service history.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM

New Site Garage
Just pick the color you like the most or the price your wallet prefers. Coming from a Brutale S, the 1090RR is comfy, plush, more civilized and usable around town but still a complete hoot in the twisties. I thought I would miss my old Brutale like crazy but in fact, the new one is a lot better and pretty much all the kinks (heating, fueling, harshness,etc..) have been ironed out.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your responses. I was hoping you guys talked me into it. Yeah, I gotta get one. This weekend. So here's the last question. Used 2011rr or new 2012r? Prices are similiar. I'm not a track guy and not too aggressive. Not dragging knees...yet. I read the rr may be more than I need. Thoughts?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroart View Post
Thanks so much for your responses. I was hoping you guys talked me into it. Yeah, I gotta get one. This weekend. So here's the last question. Used 2011rr or new 2012r? Prices are similiar. I'm not a track guy and not too aggressive. Not dragging knees...yet. I read the rr may be more than I need. Thoughts?
What's the miles on the RR? I just paid $14,000 for a new left over 2011 1090RR . If the prices are really similar, I'd say your being overcharged for the used bike. But of course, you never really stated the prices of either...

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

My bad. $12,600 for the used 2011rr with 3300 miles. $13,500 for the new r. Plus tax. The used rr is the red silver and white. I'm kind of digging the paint. The other I would have two options. White or red. Not sure about those colors tho I would lean toward the white.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroart View Post
My bad. $12,600 for the used 2011rr with 3300 miles. $13,500 for the new r. Plus tax. The used rr is the red silver and white. I'm kind of digging the paint. The other I would have two options. White or red. Not sure about those colors tho I would lean toward the white.
The RR obviously has forged wheels,better brakes, slipper clutch and TIG welded frame. If you bought the R, and decided later on to upgrade it, you would be well past that $1000 difference between the two bikes. Also consider this, the RR will be easier to sell down the road because its an RR and it always will be somewhat more desirable. If you can buy the RR right, I think you can't go wrong. Of course, if you ended up with the R, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode