Anybody try the $99 eprom for the 750Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Anybody try the $99 eprom for the 750Brutale?

I'm thinking about the Fast by Ferracci chip for an 04 750 Brutale, and wondering if anyone has tried it. Mileage change? Power?

Thanks,
Adrian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian206
I'm thinking about the Fast by Ferracci chip for an 04 750 Brutale, and wondering if anyone has tried it. Mileage change? Power?

Thanks,
Adrian
Good timing for this question, I just picked my '04 Brutale up Saturday 12/16 from FBF after having that Eprom, filter and midpipe done. I was going to do the PowerCommander but they recommended the Eprom. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but they did before and after dyno runs. It pulled 108hp stock, then 116 with the mods I also picked up 4 ft-lbs. According to the chart, the difference starts to show at around 7k rpm with the big difference showing up a little before 10k rpm. No clue yet about throttle response or mileage.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM

Eprom chip installation

I was thinking of trying one of these also. I am very new to riding and have an 04 750 Brutale is this something I could install myself? and if so is it a challenge or pretty simple?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

RE epram

Cool, I'd love to hear details when you for an opinion on the mods. I didn't buy the bike to get mileage bit it would be cool to get a few more miles out of a tank, an added power....well duh....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 04:54 PM

OK, I've had a chance to put a tank of gas through it and I got about 2 mpg more with the new Eprom than I usually do (25 vs 23). Not a huge change, but useful.
As for power and throttle response, yup, there's some more ponies there The front wheel surprised me a couple of times by going a little lighter than usual and it pulls a bit harder from about 8k rpm. The power delivery is smooth though, I didn't notice any dips or surges.
One thing I was hoping for was to smooth out some of the jerkiness when rolling on the throttle from closed. This hasn't improved but I don't think it got any worse. Looking forward to getting it on the track to see how it is when really pushed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode