Brutale 750 Exhausts - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 750 Exhausts

Hey all,
Looking for a full system for my '05 750.
I've been dealing with lousy throttle response on my bike for the last few months, and I figure I may as well buy an exhaust before I throw it on a Dyno. At first I was really in to the Arrow Thunder exhaust, but the more I look at the stock exhaust, the more I want an MV Corse titanium system.
The MV titanium system only wighs 9.6 lbs, can't seem to find the weight on the arrow.
Are they both street legal?
Is only the can on the arrow titanium, or are the headers as well?
Which is louder(looking for the quieter one)?
How do performance figures stack up?
Anybody have experience with either system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 AM

New Site Garage
Nhonor,

Have run a full Arrow system (headers, midpipe, muffler) on my 2009 1078. Pretty loud even with the baffle(?) in. Not as loud as the H.P. Corse (with straight baffle) I run now. Both made perceived power gains over stock.

But either exhaust would have been a disappointment if I hadn't fitted a Microtech from Xbikes first. A new exhaust wont fix the lousy throttle response and other traits associated with the OEM ecu.

It's expensive but well worth it. You'll find that your old bike is a heap nicer to ride even without a new exhaust. Can have all the bling in the world but if it's a bitch to ride it disappoints. I'm only speaking from experience with an Xbikes Microtech. Other aftermarket units may do as well but maybe without the service Chris gives.

Cheers

Deano
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Nhonor,

Have run a full Arrow system (headers, midpipe, muffler) on my 2009 1078. Pretty loud even with the baffle(?) in. Not as loud as the H.P. Corse (with straight baffle) I run now. Both made perceived power gains over stock.

But either exhaust would have been a disappointment if I hadn't fitted a Microtech from Xbikes first. A new exhaust wont fix the lousy throttle response and other traits associated with the OEM ecu.

It's expensive but well worth it. You'll find that your old bike is a heap nicer to ride even without a new exhaust. Can have all the bling in the world but if it's a bitch to ride it disappoints. I'm only speaking from experience with an Xbikes Microtech. Other aftermarket units may do as well but maybe without the service Chris gives.

Cheers

Deano
Deano thanks for the insight,
I've done some searching on the forum and have yet to see any threads about a Microtech ECU for a brute 750. Do they make one? Honestly I haven't really put much thought into Microtech as I'm in the states, and would rather put the bike on a Dyno then download a map.
I'm also a stones throw away from Ferracci, and have spoken with Eraldo extensively about engine tuning, and how they do it. He recommend an EPROM with an in house custom map. Being that they're the best place in my area I'm compelled to do it their way. Getting the bike on a Dyno and getting the fueling sorted is definitely on my list of "to do's."
The question is, should I do it now, maybe buy an exhaust later, and have to do it again? Or should I just spend the money now and be done with it? The other question is do I even want a new exhaust/is it worth it?

I'm essentially an indentured servant till June 5th, and will doubtfully have time to jump down to PA before then, so I'm just trying to put all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger on anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Established Member

I can only speak to my own experience not everything you asked sorry; but here it is.

I went for a Arrow (really its a Tamburini Corse, but same thing) slip-on and cat removal with a PCIII and custom tune with these results

Forget HP for now and look at the graph on bottom. Notice the low RPM fueling on the stock bike was really poor and rich in spots. I was getting about 19-21 mpg and it was hard to take a passenger because the throttle was really jerky. I had to really feather the clutch.

After tuning its much improved and way more ride-able with about 26-30 mpg.

As for power gains the slip-on and PCIII together only added maybe 3hp at the top and did little help fueling. The real benefit to the PCIII was the mapping.

Your results might very but I think in the end having the bike remapped will be more beneficial then the exhaust alone.

As for weight, I haven't weight mine but its way lighter then the stock pipe. Good luck with what ever you do.

EDIT: wanted to add, I don't know how close you are to Brookfield, CT but my tune was done by Dyno Solutions. John is an MV owner and a great tuner. If you give him a call I'm sure he wouldn't mine giving you some advice. He also goes by Air-Fuel on this site but I don't think hes logged on here in a couple years.

Last edited by motoarch; 05-03-2013 at 12:12 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Established Member

I have a Microtec ECU on my Brutale 750s - fitted and tuned by Chris at X-bikes. Peak power is 114 bhp too but the main gains are lower down where you spend most of the time on a Brutale.

Runs like a dream compared to stock. I have experience with Dynojet PCs and Bazzaz units but the Microtec is by far the best in terms of throttle response - the transition between on and off.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 PM

Nhonor,
Does your 750s already have the Cat removed? if not then thats a must for the heat and weight saving, then if your are going to do a PCIII ( i had one on my old 910R and loved it) then get the air filter and cat bypass sorted thats all you need to have sorted Brute, or as you said let Ferracci take it and do their thing, if its not to your liking you can always take it back and ask them to do more work until you are happy, might also be the cheapest way??

James
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the responses.
My Brute has an arrow de-cat mid pipe, and I'm not sure what air filter it has currently. As you've all stated the horsepower gains aren't really what I'm looking for, just trying to smooth out the terrible low end response.

Motoarch, I'm only an hour and a half from Brookfield, so I'll definitely give john a shout. Did you attempt to do any tuning before you got the new exhaust? Do you think I'll have the flexibility I would with a full system? If not do you think I'll be able to get it done with my stock/mid pipe configuration?

Biaggi, (please tell me your name is max..) thanks for confirming the exhistance of a microtech Ecu for the 750. I'll definately reach out to Chris when I get a chance to get some more info. Considering he's had nothing but shining reviews I'm sure it's worth at the very least looking in to.

James, I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest way, just looking to be cost effective. What I'm getting out of this is that the performance gains may not be worth the new cans. I'm just still wondering if I'll be able to smooth everything out with my current set up, and if its worth the money for the loss of 10lbs. Maybe I should just get some rims instead?

Thanks again for all the insight, I haven't had time to ride outside of my 15 minute commute to/from work so It's been too easy to obsess about all this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Established Member

I didn't do any tuning without the new exhaust but the tuning is all that really matters. We ran a base line with stock an the new exhaust and the new exhaust did little to help the fueling and throttle issues. Even the pc3 with default map didnt help much. The difference came from installing the custom map with the pc3. If you were to do anything that's what I would recommend. Chaning an air filter and exhaust wont do much of anything if the air fuel ratio is still wrong and it will be. In fact doin those things with out a map will probable make things worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to motoarch For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 03:21 AM

I don't get it, on the papers of my bike it says 93kW (~127bhp). Is it because of age that it only gets 114bhp on the dynamo or am I missing something here? And I would think adding the arrow thunder (and removing the cat) would even make the bhp higher ...

Keep the rubber on the road!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 03:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Are you talking crank or rear wheel? There is a loss between the two of about 15%.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode