Greetings From San Diego - Orange Brutale Content - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Greetings From San Diego - Orange Brutale Content

Hello. I joined this forum a few years ago because I was in the process of buying an F4 Senna and got distracted by another Ducati! I have come back because I'm the proud owner of an '08 Brutale 910S in an apparently rare orange color. This is my 1st naked bike and MV and love it!

I have been doing some tasteful (subject to interpretation) to make it mine. Bike had very low miles and was definitely babied. So far mods I have made are; Arrow Carbon slip ons, Marchesini Forged wheels, custom alcantara seat w/ orange stitching and a box load of carbon bling, tail tidy kit and HID headlights. Unfortunately the owner discarded the OEM mirrors and I'm not a fan of bar ends. I have a few Rizoma mirrors waiting but have run into a hurdle I hope you can help with.

The OEM mirror mount (cap w/ pin) has been replaced by an aftermarket cover. I think it is a Rizoma part but can't be sure. My dealer told me I have to buy a whole new Nissin MC to get the part! Really? Using search features came up empty. I need the OEM part to proceed so if anyone has these "plates" I will buy them from you ASAP. Obviously I will need to get Rizoma adapters too. I'm a senior member of Ducati.ms and I know how resourceful we can all be in helping each other out. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and be a good resource in this forum. Thanks!

88 BMW M5 (Dinan Stroker -Euro Conversion)
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
2016 Range Rover SVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:30 AM

Welcome back, with a bit of luck you might find someone who will do a swap.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:58 AM

New Site Garage
M5zealot,

Welcome. Go to http://www.carpimoto.com site. Type in your bike and then 'Rizoma' under product search. Scroll to any Rizoma mirror and they have PDF's of adaptors for most bikes and universal mounts.

Cheers

Deano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Always liked the orange 910S.
The plain clamps come from Motovation.
You can look at parts catalogs on Donsy's web site or ProItalia's web site to see if the OEM plates are listed separately.
I am keeping all my original parts or I would sell you mine. Maybe another forum member would part with theirs. You might contact CAG...never know, he may have a couple.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm dying to know though if my suspicions are correct about the OEM mounts. I have looked at a new 2013 Brutale on the showroom floor and it looks like the plate is flat. Hard to tell with a mirror stalk coming out of it. Does anyone have a pic of the mounting plate with the OEM mirror off? I just need a visual of the OEM mount w/ no mirror screwed in. I have determined no after market mounts and required Rizoma adapters will work w/ out the OEM mount.

2016 Range Rover SVR
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 AM

Welcome back.

I always love seeing your 900SP around town. Congrats on the Brute.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The clamps are not shown in the parts list, but you can get an idea of what they look like from the mirror drawings.
If I can remember I will dig mine out and take a photo for you.
I used one of mine to mount a attach a home made radar detector for a while. Just had to grind the head of the bolt I used down to fit into the hole.
Attached Images

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Welcome back.

I always love seeing your 900SP around town. Congrats on the Brute.
Thanks! She is with a new owner now. I miss her but the wail of the Brute makes hurt less.

2016 Range Rover SVR
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
The clamps are not shown in the parts list, but you can get an idea of what they look like from the mirror drawings.
If I can remember I will dig mine out and take a photo for you.
I used one of mine to mount a attach a home made radar detector for a while. Just had to grind the head of the bolt I used down to fit into the hole.
Oh so frustrating....I found a bigger pic online and the part we are talking about has no part #. It's not ever labeled with a #!

2016 Range Rover SVR

Last edited by M5zealot; 04-24-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: add
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Your dealer is correct. It is not available separately. Ed's correct. You need to pm CAG. Even though he is a merchant of death these days, he still has time and parts for forum members.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode