Contemplating Brutale 750. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Contemplating Brutale 750.

Hows it going? New guy here, toying with the idea of a Brutale S 750. I guess I'm wondering how ownership is with this beautiful bike day to day. Does it require any special care, just seems like I can't find that much info about these on the web. Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Welcome to mvagusta.net hope you get your Brutale S as many others will say. You can run through the registry of the 27 or so Brutale S 750's registered. Read through what they say:

http://mvagusta.net/registry/1005
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM

Hello and welcome to you,

You will find the answers in this forum, just ask!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrlaltdelete
Hows it going? New guy here, toying with the idea of a Brutale S 750. I guess I'm wondering how ownership is with this beautiful bike day to day. Does it require any special care, just seems like I can't find that much info about these on the web. Any input is appreciated.
I have a 910 and enjoy it. It's a fun bike to ride. It's not the perfect bike for every situation, but it's a lot of fun and has a cool distinctive look.

The 910 is my second MV and so far I'd give them high marks for fit and reliability. There have been a few people with problems, probably like most brands, but overall I think they're good reliable bikes. they don't require any special maintenance.

Probably the only downside is the availability of parts can sideline you. Simply put, there aren't as many of them out there, so sometimes getting a part can take awhile. Not always, but it can happen.

Like others said, let us know if you have any other questions and we'll do the best we can to answer them.

Jack
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 04:34 PM

I have a Brutale 750 and highly recommend it. It's been reliable, and has run well through the winter. I find it comfortable on relatively long rides. Other than true touring, I think it's ideal - particularly for shorter riders (like myself). Do not hestitate! It's the essence of motorcycling
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 05:10 PM
I owned a matte black 750 (view my gallery) and it freakin owns. Got a 910 now and it freakin owns too.

only negative to owning it for day to day is parking it where you cant see it, people will approach it and look it over EVERY SINGLE PLACE YOU GO. So either an alarm or something may be required for peace of mind when you take it places.

Last edited by 777; 02-21-2006 at 05:17 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Thanks for the responses.

These are just too good looking. I do like that I won't see one at every stop sign, though, as mentioned parts "could" be a pain to get. I know folks with some jap bikes that have waited for parts as well so.........Hopefully I can pull the trigger here in a few weeks to a month. Couple more questions, I've heard of these having lower than usual MPG's, less than 30 to the mile. Also do they need to be rechipped with a different exhaust? And finally, who makes a nice set of rearsets for these, I'm 6'2 with an 11 shoe size. Seat to peg is not bad but it's tight from peg to shift/brake lever. Any thoughts are appreciated.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:24 PM
about 20-23 mpg
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
about 20-23 mpg
This still puzzles me. I wonder how MV gets these bikes into the US past the EPA that mandates clean (lean) running engines.

Every stock and modified bike I get on my dyno runs extremely lean, Harleys, BMW's and just about every other bike out there except MV's. Every MV comes in dog rich and I have to map out tons of fuel to get them back to an also (slightly) rich 13.2/1 air fuel ratio.

Owners tell me they get better gas mileage but none have actually measured it.

I'll do much more research when I get my own 910R on the dyno. (for a proper break in )

John
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:54 PM
yes my 750 had pathetic gas mileage. i was the only person in group rides who had to constantly fill up. my 910 however is getting great gas mileage compared to my 750.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode