The most important carbon fiber part for your Bruty - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

The most important carbon fiber part for your Bruty

As you all may or may not know, I laid over my Brutale. It was awful and ruined me for weeks. After I pulled it together I went to fix the damage. The main problem was the cases, right in front of the clutch cover. Later after talking to James from this site I found that this area on any Agusta is very vulnerable to damage. He turned me on to Guido who had a cover that it Kevlar reinforced that protects this area. Here it is scroll down...
http://www.shift-tech.com/shop/enter.html
there is some way critical stuff that this little cool looking piece of carbon covers including critical bolts and a through drilled oil galley. You go through them and your looking at 4 t0 5 grand. The insurance company will junk your bike.... so go get it, i sure wish I did, still have the abrasions on the cases but they did not go deep enough to get into anything but it was CLOSE. The wreck was not a fast one, prob 30 at the max and in the rain so you can get an idea of the delicate nature of this area.
The other part is a deal I got through BikerJonny called Engine Armor. I think there is on left and I have a post about it. I said it was sold but the other guy never went through. Think it cost about 60 bucks.
The two together look cool as hell to me, and if I would have had them beforehand I would not to have to get a skilled case welder to fix up my cases later on. I know the rear sets are bling bling and I am working on um, they feel cool though and really stand out
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 10:56 PM

Sorry to hear about the get off, that does suck. But it sounds like you got away cheap, relatively.
You know what is a bit of a laugh, look how many bikes have pictures taken of them in the house. I am guilty, sure, but if you check the registry, there are more than a few in the living room. Gotta love it. You sure don't see many R1's inside.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Oh Gotta Keep Um Inside For Sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
This is important carbon piece.....thinking....
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

You could probably argue the clutch cover either way but that front piece is a life saver. get into the oil galley or scrape off one of those two maind bolts and things get ugly. I just wish I knew James earlier cause it would have saved some ugly from my bike. I think it looks kinda cool but it is a case saver for sure.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 AM

Dude,two words... Frame Sliders.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

frame sliders actually prop the bike up worse on that part of the cases! I had some factory sliders on when it happened. aftermarket fixed pegs help but still, its a part that was made for a reason. clutch cover is around 3 bills to replace so whatever but the front case guard is a goodie.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 12:52 PM

Just to add some to the discussion. Frame sliders will not necessarily keep this part of the bike from damage. Fixed rearsets (nonfolding) will help but can still give enough angle to let your cases grind if the front wheel is turned the 'wrong' way.

This part was developed in German Superbike for Teuchert. I have had it on my F4 for some time and would suggest it for anyone concerned with damage. Very sensitive part of the cases there.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestinejinx
frame sliders actually prop the bike up worse on that part of the cases! I had some factory sliders on when it happened. aftermarket fixed pegs help but still, its a part that was made for a reason. clutch cover is around 3 bills to replace so whatever but the front case guard is a goodie.

If you are talking about though little aluminum plugs, they aren't going to help. You need to get some Motovation, Rizoma, or RG's. Yes these would help in a low side situation, if might not reduce all the damage but will disperse the impact across more points of the bike.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Hey James what do you think of my little addition! Gives me some time to find a good case welder. Wish I would have known earlier. I am in Dallas and will call later! AND FOR ALL YOU DOUBTERS, YOU WILL LEARN SOON ENOUGH AND IT'S GONNA SUCK HARD TRUST ME! SLIDERS, SCHMLIDERS! when the gravel starts grinding and the sparks start flying from the bar ends, remember to jam that leg hard under that bike cause if you feel oil your out 4 large.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode