Fuel light and clutch feedback issues - 1078RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Fuel light and clutch feedback issues - 1078RR

Guys, i have put in short of about 300 km, on my new 1078RR. The fuel light remains on all the time and i have this weird clunky feedback on my clutch lever when shifting gears. The rattle is quite high when the clutch is not engaged. The gear shift is not that precise and a bit unsettled feeling there. Apart from this the bike rides like a dream.

Leaving the fuel light issue apart are the rest run in issues? or do i have to worry about something?

Biking, biking...err..biking - the three great pleasures of life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'10 MVA Brutale 1078RR | '13 Guzzi Griso SE | '13 KTM 390 Duke | '11 HD Sportster 48 | '10 Yamaha Vmax | '10 HD XR1200X V&H | '10 MM Scrambler | '10 Ducati GT1000 | '07 Ducati SC1000B | '06 Suzuki GSX1400 | '01 Yamaha R1 | '84 Honda VF1000FE | '83 Yamaha RD350B Custom | '83 Yamha RD350B Cafe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM

New Site Garage
When's the last time you rode the bike, or had the clutch bled ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

I rode the bike just yesterday and it was purchased last August and delivered in November. All fluids were topped up in on PDI as its a new bike. It's more like a snatchy feel when I engage the clutch and it happens just once every time I shift gears.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Biking, biking...err..biking - the three great pleasures of life

'10 MVA Brutale 1078RR | '13 Guzzi Griso SE | '13 KTM 390 Duke | '11 HD Sportster 48 | '10 Yamaha Vmax | '10 HD XR1200X V&H | '10 MM Scrambler | '10 Ducati GT1000 | '07 Ducati SC1000B | '06 Suzuki GSX1400 | '01 Yamaha R1 | '84 Honda VF1000FE | '83 Yamaha RD350B Custom | '83 Yamha RD350B Cafe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM

New Site Garage
I don't want to set any false expectations, but that sound a little wierd.

Can you help us help you by providing some more details about the snatchy/clunk feel E.g.
...is this in all gears or just 1st?, has this recently started or was this there when you first got the bike? Are you saying the bike has only 300km on the clock or you noticed this after a specific 300km ride?

Is there a chance that they put the wrong weight oil in there?

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM

New Site Garage
Fuel light and clutch feedback issues - 1078RR

revhappy,

On the clutch/gearshift issue don't worry. When I first got my 1078 @ 4000k I was pretty disappointed in the clutch/gearbox having read how good the box was on this site and others.

Gets heaps better with a few k's up and especially with more experience with the bike. A good blip of the throttle changing down helps. Also if the chains too tight it's a lot more clunky regardless of the issues this may cause with the rear hub. On this note read the many posts regarding the rear hub. Mine failed at 5000k.

Anyway back to the change. The Knurl posted an interesting and true reply on this regarding revs/engine speed etc. which was spot on but doesn't change what you describe.

Believe me it improves with both the k's and getting into the bike. Like most new bikes they don't free up until 15000k which mine has up now. The clutch rattle also seems less now but that may be cause I'm used to it. Still not the best box I've ridden, quirky like the rest of the bike which is why we love 'em.

Cheers

Deano
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 AM

New Site Garage
Okay, not the same bike but still... I also have that little feedback in the clutch when shifting and the clutch makes some noise in neutral and low revs. Coming from a 1000 I noticed right away the difference. It seems to be okay though.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 AM

New Site Garage
Guys, the 1078 engine's, F4 and b4, come with a slipper clutch, these all make a "click" which you can feel in the clutch lever. And they do rattle a bit more when not engaged too.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 03-20-2013 at 04:18 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM

i second Donsys comment the clutch rattles and i noticed a bit abnormal feed back through the clutch at times when new but comes good
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up shifting?

i basically don't use the clutch

MV has best gearbox i've ever had the pleasure of using, period

on the street, on decel, give it a tiny bit of throttle ~2,000 or a tad more and just step on the lever, give it a positive push and it just slides in.....
accelerating, back off the tiniest amount and lift the lever.....roll back onto the throttle

sounds like an automatic transmission up and down

i absolutely love doing it with other bikes or sports cars around.....with my left hand off the bar.....

i did it to my buddy John on his 998R all carbon/mag/Ducati Corse POS
he's on my left, i'm pointing my left index finger at him while shifting up and down.....
John doesn't like riding with me any more......even my stock '04 RSVR is faster than his disco'd out 998R......

and my 910R is WAY faster than my RSVR

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Donsy is spot on about the clunking/clicking feeling when changing gear.When I bought my 1078F4 new I felt that.I went back to the bike shop and we both work out it is the slipper clutch.If you upchange with no clutch the noise is less pronounced.It is the clutch hub sort of moving on the ramps.I just ignore it now.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode