990R Engine protector knobs {Oggie Nobs} - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

990R Engine protector knobs {Oggie Nobs}

Could someone give me a link/recommendation for a store that sells online Oggie nobs for my 990R 2010 model.
The usual places that i bought these from don't seem to have my model.
I high sided once off my Honda Predator and the engine knobs took the impact so I'm keen to get them on the MV, (just in case)
Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 AM

New Site Garage
Good grief man, have you tried looking towards these guys site's - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Goodness that's not very helpful, those listed sites seem to have stuff all of value towards what I'm looking for. RG knobs are probably my best bet but its hard to know for they will fit. I'm hoping someone else may have bought a set of Oggies from a place like this http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/ca...gusta/Brutale/
Then they might be able to tell me what they got & from where. If anyone would like to know some good, trustworthy sites for buying Triumph or Honda parts & accesories I'd love to help. Hey but that's just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 AM

New Site Garage
Question Huh, are you serious

I don't get it, are you looking for Oggy knobs, as in that brand only?

Or do you think the 990 is different from all the other Brutale's?

Between those sites, you can find every single frame/engine slider available for any Brutale or F4 ever built.

Motovation sell a variation that looks much like the Oggy knobs you refer too -
https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstor...idCategory=219

I would be careful buying frame sliders that replace the engine/frame bolt. It should always be a system then will bolt into the existing frame bolt...etc. This prevents the slider from ripping the engine bolt out and destroying your motor. You get this from Companies not familiar with the MV, that is why I recommended the forum Market place ....

I think these look really nice - http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...0/mvcorse.html - as used by Glenn and co - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51524

Good luck

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Don that is helpful, i'll have a good look through those. I have no idea if the frame set up is different between models & as mine is an older discontinued model I'm wary about getting something that doesn't fit or as you suggest damages the integrity of the bike.
Thanks again for your advice.
Jon
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

PS Don
I have just ordered the sliders you recommended at Evolutionbike. Very easy transaction and great price including freight NZ$105
Hope I dont get to use them. Funny story- the day I put sliders on my old bike, Honda Predator, I went to my friends house and promptly fell off the bike on his very steep wet drive. The bike spun around in circles on the knob until i managed to get in and kill engine. No bike damaged luckily as drive is wooden.
Jon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode