Anybody have thier high beam flasher go out? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Anybody have thier high beam flasher go out?

The little button on your left, so you can flash your high beams. Mine doesn't work when I tried it the other night. My brights work, as the brights switch works, but the little flasher doesn't.

Is it any easy fix like a fuse? or do I have to tear things apart? I haven't really gotten down to trouble shootibng (lack of time) but I'de like to know what I'm getting into before I dive in.

Thanks in advance guys!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to t1n0m3n
My Tuono has the same setup as the Brutale and I never had a problem with the flasher, but I did have the blinker switch break. I replaced it with the euro model (the one with the headlight on/off switch) and haven't had any issues yet.

Actually, I have had an issue with the light flashing high beams under heavy acceleration, but I figured out that I was accidentally pulling the flasher button when I was accelerating.

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s Silver/Red, Emoto Hugger
2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Hmm...can't seem to rectify the issue, short of dismantling it and inspecting it...how often does the switch itself on these go bad? I can't see this being much as it's a simple p2p switch, not a toggle.

It didn't blow mid flash. One day it worked, the next couple of days later I tried it, it didn't work...

Nate
Brutale S
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 08:44 PM

Double check that your high beam is not on and rock it back and forth to make sure that it is truly on low beam at the switch. Just a shot in the dark.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

The highs definitly aren't on. The place where I try them at is in a pitch black area right before my house. Hooded trees, no street lights, you can barely see 5 feet in front of you. I usually toggle my brights there, and now the only way I can use them is by actually switching on the brights, instead of using the flasher....

Nate
Brutale S
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 09:26 PM

Never had a prob on this bike, but on others I have owned I have had horn/blinkers/brake switch go out. In every instance, I partially took apart the switch case and cleaned the switch with contact cleaner and they started working again. On my 748 I have to do this about once every year.
Because your regular switch works ok, I would bet your switch has just gotten dirty/wet.

You gotta be crazy, gotta have a real need....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:23 PM

@oicdn - did you ever fix this problem

The same thing happened to my 05 Brutale. Regular highbeam switch and light works fine.

Is it a pain to open up the housing?

This is one of my favorite feature, though i drivers really don't get flashing
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageeisme View Post
@oicdn - did you ever fix this problem

The same thing happened to my 05 Brutale. Regular highbeam switch and light works fine.

Is it a pain to open up the housing?

This is one of my favorite feature, though i drivers really don't get flashing
Nate hasn't posted in some time.

THe housing is really easy to open, if the problem is in there, should be a pretty easy fix.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode