Two fixes for 910s, snatchy throttle and an aero enhancement - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Two fixes for 910s, snatchy throttle and an aero enhancement

I did try to swap ECUs to cure the on/off throttle, but all i needed was a tech who knew how to synch the throttle bodies and tune her up. I live by San Francisco and found a great shop called catalyst reaction in sam carlos. The owner used to work at munroe in san francisco and he sure made the bike that much more pleasant to run in city traffic. I am in love again.
That motor sound will never get old. Borrowing from Top Gear....at 12k rpm it sounds like an angry bear tearing apart Keira Knightley's silk nightgown !!!

The second mod is a biondi fairing/screen. I put it on the way it came (matte black), and it did not look right. I recently ordered mv agusta silver from colorrite, and after the color change....the screen blends in quite a bit better.

Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1360542808.268067.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  219.1 KB

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

06 Mv Agusta Brutale 910
08 Ducati Hypermotard S
13 Husky Terra 650
2 Italian, 1 American, and 1 German car
1 Orbea Onyx (Basque) bike
Push lawnmower (to reduce above carbon footprint)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 06:54 PM

Yeah, my local dealer finally got someone who knows/is willing to put some effort into tuning rather then a bunch of knuckle dragger who just want to change plugs, filters and oil all day...
(yeah I'm a bit bitter...)

He spent a lot of time tweaking the Corse ECU settings (apparently he can do that) and TPS, Throttle bodies, etc etc... Runs quite nice now considering no Microtech ECU. Still has a very sensitive throttle but you can modulate it nicely and the power delivery is nice and smooth. So yeah, can be sorted with a bit of tuning work and someone willing to put the effort in.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12gte View Post
I did try to swap ECUs to cure the on/off throttle, but all i needed was a tech who knew how to synch the throttle bodies and tune her up. I live by San Francisco and found a great shop called catalyst reaction in sam carlos. The owner used to work at munroe in san francisco and he sure made the bike that much more pleasant to run in city traffic. I am in love again.
That motor sound will never get old. Borrowing from Top Gear....at 12k rpm it sounds like an angry bear tearing apart Keira Knightley's silk nightgown !!!

The second mod is a biondi fairing/screen. I put it on the way it came (matte black), and it did not look right. I recently ordered mv agusta silver from colorrite, and after the color change....the screen blends in quite a bit better.

Attachment 69423

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Is that Dave (the owner of C.R. in San Carlos who used to work at Munroe) ? The suspension wizards?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

suspension guru from Munroe, yes, but my contact's name is Jim, me thinks.

06 Mv Agusta Brutale 910
08 Ducati Hypermotard S
13 Husky Terra 650
2 Italian, 1 American, and 1 German car
1 Orbea Onyx (Basque) bike
Push lawnmower (to reduce above carbon footprint)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode