B4 now available with ABS - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

B4 now available with ABS

MV Agusta has announced that all the new B4 can be ordered with ABS.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 07_02_13 BRUTALE 4 CILINDRI ABS_ENG.pdf (156.3 KB, 86 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM

New Site Garage
That's right Ralph. I think our (AUS) Importer just announced it will be a $1000 option to start with, and only on the RR model.
The guys are doing a good job updating news for us.

Not sure why it's the RR only, but I suspect it might have something to do with the other models already being on the boat to AUS?

Pure speculation on my part thought.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM

Lets hope it works better than the traction control

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 PM

New Site Garage
http://www.motociclismo.it/mv-agusta...riva-lrsquoabs

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aurum
Translation :)

bing.com translation

Interesteing para in the article:
"But in the near future will become more sophisticated electronics and similar to that used on other MV Agusta (we won't say, but it is the sophisticated control unit, mounted on Eldor F3 but actually created for 4-cylinder engines, ndr) and then also the brutal 4 cylinders will follow the way traced by other models

And all this when it happens?
At the next salone in Milan you will begin to see something in this direction, but it will come also the rival of production and a new model.

What is it about?
It is early to talk about it, but be aware that each year we will introduce new models. From now on it will be so."

Full article in english:
----
The range of 4 cylinder MV Agusta Brutale has recently received a significant update with the version 2013 (review the topic by clicking here), but here's a further evolutionary step with the arrival of ABS versions.

TOP TECHNOLOGY TO PILOT SERVICE
Brutale 1090, Brutale 1090 R and 1090 RR Brutale, are now also available with ABS anti-lock system. The device focuses on Bosch ECU 9MP, reference for size and weight, therefore ideal to fit just above the engine. The ABS uses two phonic wheels and a pressure sensor and was developed in view of security without losing anything typical performance of braking systems MV Agusta. On all three models the ABS is deactivated.

ONLY SPORTS, THANKS
On the 1090 RR Brutale, the device may be set alternately on two modes: Normal road driving; Race Mode for specific use on the track or road use extremely sporty.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW to MV AGUSTA PLATFORM 3 and 4 CYLINDERS

To better understand what it means to put the ABS on a MV Agusta, we interviewed Brian Gillen, platform manager 3 and 4 cylinders, who has followed the development.

Ing. Gillen, without new European regulations the ABS would come the same on MV Agusta?
The decision had already been taken. We want to give our customers the best technology available, but only to help the driver get the maximum driving pleasure. Then safety, but this should never (for us) compromising the driving pleasure. At the beginning the company someone was skeptical, but then it took a fairly standard ABS for MV Agusta in order to eliminate any doubt. Your customers will love.

How long lasted the development?
It all started in November 2011 and, regarding the brutal 4 cylinders, ended ten days ago.

And then we explain how this MV style ABS.
We must distinguish between the Brutal ABS 190 e R than the RR. The first two have formally one map, but in fact implements two algorithms: one for the anti-tipping and the anti lock. With the most advanced Bosch unit that is there, the 9MP, and developed in collaboration with us. For example, the anti-tipping that we have is much more sophisticated than the competition. Our ABS we define "transparent" in the sense that you don't feel that there's even while you are working. Do not disturb.

The ABS calibration of 1090 and R is the Normal Map of RR?
Absolutely not, because the RR has the lightest and most sophisticated suspensions, in addition to racing Brembo brake system.

Map Race in what stands out?
All moved beyond limits, since it is designed expressly for the sport. In particular, where the Fund is perfect and therefore more grip, but also thinking of riders seeking maximum performance first and foremost. This means, for example, that we have the anti-tipping graduated in such a way that further transfers of load on the front, with the outline of beautiful drifting inbound, for whoever wants to do and is capable of.

What changes have you had to do to mount the ABS on Brutal?
Basically those that allow you to stay on the bike the Bosch. So we changed the central part of the frame (but this already with the launch of the brutal 4 2013 cylinders) and shifted the voltage regulator from left to right. Then of course change the wiring and the dashboard.

The phonic wheels are used as sensors for traction control?
At this time only for the ABS, due to the fact that the electronics we use on the Brutale 1090 (Magneti Marelli, nrd) does not provide the ride by wire. But in the near future will become more sophisticated electronics and similar to that used on other MV Agusta (we won't say, but it is the sophisticated control unit, mounted on Eldor F3 but actually created for 4-cylinder engines, ndr) and then also the brutal 4 cylinders will follow the way traced by other models

And all this when it happens?
At the next salone in Milan you will begin to see something in this direction, but it will come also the rival of production and a new model.

What is it about?
It is early to talk about it, but be aware that each year we will introduce new models. From now on it will be so.

Back to the ABS. As has been tested and developed?
The 1090 and R is designed for a use at 75%, so we developed practically only on the road. By that I mean that we initially created in a controlled manner prohibitive conditions that you can find every day (wet, ice, etc.). For example, we went to Toys. Then we used motorcycles on open roads, but always looking for difficult conditions, such as pavé wet in Milan.

Did you go even on the track? Certainly. For example in Adria and Valencia, with riders in full activity, apart from our testers.
We talk about prices: that of 1090 and R increases by 600 euros, the RR of 700. Why? I understand that the public can see her as a thing not totally justified, but RR has required a completely different development, with dedicated software and especially many tests on the track. All this costs, but it deserves.
---

F3 Serie Oro #161/200
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 AM
Established Member

I would rather have had the option of EAS ....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Established Member

Agree, I've ordered a 1090RR. Delivery is in March, but I will tell the dealer that I will not take it unless it has ABS.

F3 Serie Oro #161/200
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Established Member

Aurum, i think you got me wrong.
I've got no need on a ABS system.
I rather would have the EAS, quickshifter system.

I bet that many will turn of the ABS when doing trackdays.
Call me old school but i want to be in control of my braking, not an electrical system.

It's going fast. Have my bike for a month now. Due to winter with snow, freezing and rain i did not even drove one mile with it.
And now there is allready an update available with ABS. They could have waited for a month or 2 and presented the 1090 series with or without ABS.
Then i would have had the choice....

Last edited by iBike; 02-10-2013 at 05:08 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Established Member

After mounting some goodies i've noticed something on my 2013 1090R which justifies the addition of an ABS system.
If you take a look on the pic you will see a serious amount of space behind the cilinders.
I've allready mentioned here in another thread that the regulator was moved to the right side of the engine for the 2013 models.
My frame also has some points where there should be something bolt upon (also seen on pic).
I think these are the supporting points where the Bosch ABS system gets his place.
So apparently all 2013 frames were ready for mounting the ABS. Their system just wasn't!
Attached Images

Last edited by iBike; 02-10-2013 at 01:53 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBike View Post
Aurum, i think you got me wrong.

I've got no need on a ABS system.

I rather would have the EAS, quickshifter system.

I bet that many will turn of the ABS when doing trackdays.

Call me old school but i want to be in control of my braking, not an electrical system.

It's going fast. Have my bike for a month now. Due to winter with snow, freezing and rain i did not even drove one mile with it.

And now there is allready an update available with ABS. They could have waited for a month or 2 and presented the 1090 series with or without ABS.

Then i would have had the choice....
I agree with you that I'll likely turn this off on the track, but nice to have in the traffic (awful in Sydney). But also read that the RR version has a "race" mode (but no details from MV as to what that really means)...

Finally, I want it just to "complete" the bike. If I'm paying A$22,000 I may as well spend another A$1,000. Also think that not having it may effect the re-sale value if I ever decide to sell or trade it.

I hope that MV don't announce an EAS option for 2013 models after taking delivery of my bike. That would be very annoying!

Hope your winter is over soon, all the best.

F3 Serie Oro #161/200

Last edited by Aurum; 02-10-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode