help-fuel pump - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Question help-fuel pump

Hello All,

Cant believe this has happened but the trail of events is weird. Sometime back after returning from a ride, I parked the bike and walked a few steps away and hear a sound I never wanted to hear. That stupid stand or stupid me ..... the bike slipped off the stand and fell onto a car. The tank got badly chipped and the side panel also scuffed. Tried to start the bike to check all is well inside. There was smoke and a burning smell coming from under the tank fearing the worst I switched it off. On removing the tank it turns out that the female quick disconnect had cracked and thankfully I had already had the metal one from Cag (thanks Cag). Unfortunately on trying to connect the male female disconnect the black O rings got pinched and broke. Damn .... tried quite a few o rings but all of them leaked. Finally wrote to Noel and the Knurl shipped them out immediately. canít thank him enough. Once that was fixed we tried checking for leaks and the moment the fuel pump primed there was a leak from the threads on the fuel pump. While trying to fix this the mechanic helping me out put some glue (silicon type) near the threads so the leak would stop and we can check if everything else works fine. Now I would like your help on 2 problems.

1. The leak on the threads needs loctite I think. Donsy mentioned Loctite 577 on his thread for the metal quick disconnects. But if there is any other way to stop the leak please advise.

2. The fuel Pump stopped working in between all this. Checked fuses, battery fully charges, cleaned fuel filter, checked current on the power cable, checked pump on direct current and the pump works but once on the power cable there is nothing, after checking with direct current on the pump and re-fixing it on the power cable there is a click but thats it, the pump wont prime.

Now I do have the older SPU/CPU unit. The one with the blue back but all electricalí s are working fine. Sometime back the high beam, low beam switch played some tricks, not sure if its the switch or something else but the high beam light on the dash is always on. No matter if I am on low beam or high beam and this happened a few months back and there was no issues with any electricals.

Thanks for all the help.
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 AM

New Site Garage
Just a stupid question... do you have an alarm? When my fuel pump did not work anymore we searched 3 days for it and it was only the alarm...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Just a stupid question... do you have an alarm? When my fuel pump did not work anymore we searched 3 days for it and it was only the alarm...
Nope, no alarm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Angry leaker?

Sarge;
1.instead of the 577 i'd use Teflon tape....
use 2 complete wraps 3 at most
point the fittings threaded end away from you, put the tape on the bottom side and rotate the fitting clockwise

2. sounds like the SPU....... another blue backed POS bit the dust

i think Andre at StarTwin has the best price for the SPU
check CAG's sticky at the top of the page for the correct part number

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Noel, anything else I should check before I order the SPU. I dont have another Brutale in the area that I could check with. Does the 312R and the brutale 750 have the same SPU?
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

OK so now I know that the F4 does not have an SPU.

Thanks Donsy.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 AM

Sarge, I'd just buy a new spu anyway, you are going to need one at some point... As Noel said, try www.startwintrading.com

I think the Brutale 750S and 910S have the same SPU and the later bikes have a different one.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

yup, did just that, order has been placed with startwin ..... will update once I have the new unit.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

okay here goes, have the new SPU thanks to startwin (fantastic service) but still no luck with the fuel pump. it gives a hint and clicks but thats it.

Any more idea's.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 AM

New Site Garage
Flat battery

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode