Cutting Out - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to t1n0m3n
Cutting Out *FIXED*

I picked up my Brutale on Monday. I have about 80 miles on it so far. My issue is that it seems to run on 2 cylinders sometimes. It will run fine most of the time, but sometimes it seems to only fire on 2 or 3 cylinders. It seems random, like, I will get on it a little and the power cuts out, and when I come to a stop light the idle will drop down to 1000 rpm and run really rough. I can hear a bit of pre-ignition when it does this when applying throttle (taking off from stoplight) between 1000 and 2000 rpm. I have ran one tankful of gas through it with 1 oz of stabil. The 2nd tank, I put 3 oz of stabil in... My mechanic says that I have water in my tank. Does this sound correct?

Should I put something else in the tank to get this water out of my tank?

EDIT: Yeah, I already got pulled over by the man, this bike is nuts!

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s Silver/Red, Emoto Hugger
2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons

Last edited by t1n0m3n; 12-08-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 PM

when your running on all 4 you'll be on there xmas list.it's a hard bike to go slow on but it's fun as hell hope you get your problem worked out.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
maybe i missed something (i often do)
is this a new brutale?
why would there be water in the tank.

sounds like they ought to spend a day in the tech area figuring it out
maybe they'll let you borrow another bike.... while they do

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
oh......
and, sorry that you got pegged by "THE MAN"

everytime i ride, i pray that i don't
because:
1. you CAN'T go slow on this bike
2. you CAN'T see out of the mirrors.... scares the HELL out of me since there could be 10 cops behind me and i wouldn't even know it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I think I got some bad gas, but you never know... The mechanic asked Ferraci about it, and they said it sounded like bad gas as well. I will know more later, cause I am gonna run at least a couple of tanks through tomorrow and see what happens.

What do you guys think of putting the STP stuff in the tank? Isn't it supposed to absorb water?

Edit: Come to think of it, I think I am going to run a few tanks of the 101 race gas that I use on my Tuna, it never has problems with gas.

2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yeah, this is a brand new 910S. I just picked it up on Monday. I have put 80 miles on it so far.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 05:00 AM

If I were you I'd be taking it straight back to the dealer. You've just spent a significant amount of money at the dealership on the bike, the least they can do is source the problem for you (ie bad gas or not bad gas).

Kick up a fuss if you need to! Their job is to look after you.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I just got back from the dealer.
#2 and #3 cylinders no longer fire. There is a strong smell of gas when the bike is running.
So far he changed the coils, the spark plugs, the ECU, and the FI rail w/injectors. No luck. He is checking the valves next.

He said the he WILL get the bike running correctly tonight. I should be able to pick up the bike tomorrow morning.

Last edited by t1n0m3n; 12-06-2006 at 04:40 PM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:54 PM

OUCH...I feel for you, bike being so new and all. It must be fustrating for you.

My bike leaked oil from the valve cover gasket at 1200 miles and I had to take it to the dealer twice (total of 7 days in the shop) to get it resolved. It was fustrating as hell for me.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the empathy. When this bike ran well, it was amazing. With all the work that went into it today, it ought to be a bullet proof engine now. I am amazed by my dealer though, OKC has the best MV dealership in the state of Oklahoma. OK OK, so they are the only dealer in Oklahoma.... but they do work hard to make sure that I am happy. I have had quite a few bikes, and I have never had a dealer so intimately knowledgeable about the inner workings of the bikes that they sell than these guys. I am in good hands. I can't wait to hear "It's all fixed, go have a ton of fun." Too bad tomorrow is going to be really cold. I may have a bit of frostbite next time I post... hehehe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode