Any idea - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Any idea

Does anyone know how many 1078 brutals have been made?
I have searched these forums but found nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAGOGO View Post
Does anyone know how many 1078 brutals have been made?
I have searched these forums but found nothing.
I don't know...but an interesting site to look up for figures of 'any' vehicle in the UK is http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ ......here are the figures for the Brutale 1078rr in the UK http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combine...rutale_1078_rr
http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%...brutale+1078rr
Just 35 currently registered in the UK.....I think mine is the only one in Ireland.
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 01-25-2013 at 02:38 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
I don't know...but an interesting site to look up for figures of 'any' vehicle in the UK is http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ ......here are the figures for the Brutale 1078rr in the UK http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combine...rutale_1078_rr
http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%...brutale+1078rr
Just 35 currently registered in the UK.....I think mine is the only one in Ireland.
Brian.
Nice one brian, thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLEIN
XTZ 1200
1078RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM

The naming is so confusing that I never know if when someone says he got a 1078 he and I both have the same bike or not.

I have a 1090R, which has a 1078cc engine. And there seems to be a 1078, which I assume has a 1078cc engine too, but a smaller tank.

And when we think about the way people like to call the Honda CB600F by 15 different names throughout the world, specially in the US, things only get even more confusing. It is sold as having a 600cc engine, but it actually has 599cc, so people in the US call it Honda 599.

Arrrrgh!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 AM

Or a 599 Hornet.
Attached Images

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferneu3 View Post
The naming is so confusing that I never know if when someone says he got a 1078 he and I both have the same bike or not.

I have a 1090R, which has a 1078cc engine. And there seems to be a 1078, which I assume has a 1078cc engine too, but a smaller tank.

And when we think about the way people like to call the Honda CB600F by 15 different names throughout the world, specially in the US, things only get even more confusing. It is sold as having a 600cc engine, but it actually has 599cc, so people in the US call it Honda 599.

Arrrrgh!

No man, in the MV community things work much easier, 1078 is what it was called in the press, the sales tablets and was the Pre 2010 beast of naked bikes... etc. The 1090 is a different and later model. MV made it so easy, they even stuck a sticker on the bike so you could remember what you bought, just look on the bike. Especially for the Brutale's, we F4 riders know what whe're onto .

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferneu3 View Post

Arrrrgh!

And then you have the 990r......
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
And then you have the 990r......
Or the 920....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode