Introduction - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Introduction

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste". NOT.
Wealth certainly not, taste maybe, the MV is after all probably the most beautiful bike ever built.

I have been lurking on this site now for 4 months and have read almost every post. Its almost as if I know some of you personally. Scary Huuh ?

Little history in case you care.
I am 50 and have been riding since I was 14 when I went to school in Scotland. First ride a BSA that after days of tinkering and fiddling fired. Straight into a stone wall wide open. No concept of throttle, gears, clutch and brakes. But that rush from 100 yards of wide open acceleration set me on the bike path. Last two years of public school mini cooper s hidden in the forest. College in America, 200cc 2 stroke Yamaha, first ride wheelie crash. KZ 400 learnt to ride. Kawasaki 500 h1, Wankel suzi, Dirt bike phase, KZ 900 X-country three times, KZ 1000 X-country twice been riding and maintaining since. Pictures in gallery when I figure it out.

During College I worked two summers in Switzerland for a Motorcycle aficionado with a stable of bikes and was allowed to ride them all. Amongst them was a 750 and an 800 s America, life and bikes has never been the same for me. The balance, precision, power and sound of the beveled gear cams put the hook in me. I've yearned for one since.

So I hit 50 and I am going to treat myself. I thought I was going to buy a F4 and walked into my first dealer with that mind set. Sat on it and realized this short, bad back, fat and old guy won't be comfortable on a café racer unless I am doing the ton. But that Brutale had it all looks, style, form and fit. Sat on it, heard it and that was all it took, mind made up. Flew home told the wife, she knew of my MV obsession and was thrilled for me. Two teenage daughters love the star wheels. Hardest part was the colour, settled on silver/red.

I do however have one big miss giving that gives me pause. Not the bike, money, stalling, water pump leak, etc. But that I live where there is no dealer and therefore no warranty support. Went to every dealer in town "please take on the MV line", "What about a Harley,Ducati,Aprilla,Guzzi,Beemer,Buell" "Sorry has to be a MV"

Originally I was looking at the bikes at Pro Italia very nice people but the salesman went abroad on holiday. I had a trip to San Diego and went to GP, the fellow there rides a 750, talked a bunch, decision made deposit paid. I'll get the bike ride it in California and if there are no problems ship it home after the first service.

Sorry this was so long-winded but I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that because of this forum, its content and people my getting the bike was made much easier. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:37 PM

Congratulations! Lots of good riding around San Diego, take care and enjoy the Brute.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Welcome! I am glad that you decided to come out of lurking and join us, and congrats on the MV!!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by odonata; 12-04-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
Welcome to Mv ownership!!! As you already were a forum user (4 months).
You bought a red/silver brutale 750 or a 910?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

06 910R base model.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
well that is really a very nice bike. Enjoy it.
it will amaze you for a long time.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Established Member

Welcome ali,

Glad you joined us and are apart of this extended family of Mv enthusiasts.
So you decided on the Brutale. You chose Wisely! Though an F4 would've been nice to have, I personally think you made the right decision. You'll will experience everyday fun without the daily body pain with owning a F4. Though, I do envy our fellow F4 members who are able to live with the ergos of the bike. Hope to hear more from you and your future Brutale riding experience. Take Care.

Mark
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
FSL

Welcome Ali 910R is a gorgeous bike congrats.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Welcome!!! Congrats
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 PM

Welcome Ali, the 910r is bad tempered little bitch of a motorcycle, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode