New Brutale owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

New Brutale owner

I just picked up a new 2011 1090RR. It was a leftover that FBF cut me a great deal on. What is the recommended break in protocol for these bikes, or should I just wring it out ? Thanks in advance!!

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM

The break in protocol is more for you than the bike. Wringing it out may catch you by surprise because you are not familiar with the bike yet. There are discussions on this topic if you do a search, so have fun, be safe and welcome.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

I will do a search, I was only kidding about the wring it out thing. Thanks!

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM

Aru you having fun
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkil View Post
Aru you having fun
Not really, 10 degrees Fahrenheit here. Patiently waiting for the spring

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM

New Site Garage
Nice bike man. It's a beast, lotsa power, so get used to it before giving it too much shit.
Good opertunity to have a good read through your manuals etc.
You can get some more detailed info for you bike in the workshop manuals if you'd like that - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php

In my opinion, running in procedure is for the general public to give them time to get used to the bike, so the Manufacturer does not get sued too often, and for bikes many generations ago.
Each one of these bikes where run on the dyno before being shipped, I don't say go and murder the thing from the start, just that the manual's recommendation are way overboard.
Have a read through this for good measure - http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM

Congrats, where's the pics?

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Congrats, where's the pics?

Oh sorry, here is a few. I literally just did the tail tidy. When I take it in for the 600 mile service, I'm doing the exhaust . Probably the 4,2,1 type Tamburini or MV Corse offers.
Attached Images

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Here's another
Attached Images

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Established Member

My manual says 6000rpm for the first (300m) 500k, 9000rpm up to 1000k's (first service 600m) then 11000rpm up until 2000k's (1200m). I ran mine in mainly on twisty hilly roads so I was going up and down the rev range a lot. Plus thats mainly where i will be riding it so it suited my intentions for the bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode