It won't start! (2012 1090R) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

It won't start! (2012 1090R)

Hey there,

here is exactly what has happened: bike was fine until Thursday. But since it was dirt because of all the rain it has taken during the week, I have decided to wash it on Friday. Have not touched the bike up until now, Monday, and now it simply will not start.

When I turn the key I got the display saying that everything is fine, but when I hold the clutch and press the ignition the only thing I hear is a very very gentle noise, like a single CLICK, quieter than the noise you get when snapping your fingers, followed by what seems to be a little more fuel being injected. And then... nothing.

Summing up:when I try to start, I hear one single CLICK, a little bit o fuel being inject and then nothing. Do you know that classic NHEC NHEC NHEC any vehicle does when you try to start it? It simply does not do that anymore.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:00 AM

try the simple stuff ,like battery first,then leave it in the sun to dry
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Site Sponsor

I agree, start with the battery.

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

916 276-1080 cell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

How exactly should I proceed in order to check the battery? Total noob here when dealing with stuff that runs on two (or more) wheels.

All I can say is that the LCD panel lights up fine when I turn the key. And it remains lit. Should I place a voltmeter on the battery in order to check it? If so, where should I "plug" it? Should the ignition be on when I do that?

And the most important thing: if I plug the voltmeter on the wrong wire, is there a chance I might break something or, oh god, get electrocuted?
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 AM

hook up your car battery to it with decent leads
+on + -on -

you will not get fried

just make sure you put the
+ positive from external battery to the other + positive on bike do not cross the wires ever.

Last edited by eddypro; 12-24-2012 at 02:48 AM.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:49 AM

use a 12 volt battery
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:49 AM

or ask the guy next door to help you
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Hey, I liked that last advice hehe.

Anyway, I have just removed the seat, and since it has been 3 days since I washed it, everything is as dry as it can be.

Now I am just waiting for my brother to wake up, since he is the one with the meter. I have just found some pics of showing where I should put what in order to do a simple check. I will come back to post the results.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 AM

keep us informed
cheers eddy
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferneu3 View Post
Hey there,

here is exactly what has happened: bike was fine until Thursday. But since it was dirt because of all the rain it has taken during the week, I have decided to wash it on Friday. Have not touched the bike up until now, Monday, and now it simply will not start.

When I turn the key I got the display saying that everything is fine, but when I hold the clutch and press the ignition the only thing I hear is a very very gentle noise, like a single CLICK, quieter than the noise you get when snapping your fingers, followed by what seems to be a little more fuel being injected. And then... nothing.

Summing up:when I try to start, I hear one single CLICK, a little bit o fuel being inject and then nothing. Do you know that classic NHEC NHEC NHEC any vehicle does when you try to start it? It simply does not do that anymore.

Any advice?

Charge the battery ...Then see how it goes..

joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode