New Bike, new member - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

New Bike, new member

Hello gang. I purchased a 2012 1090 Brutale R a few weeks back. I have been reading your posts, great site. I have owned bikes for 40 years, but this is my first MV. I am looking at having fun going broke changing parts out and making it mine,etc. I would really like your thoughts,on the following:
-new exhaust
- belly pan
- computer chip, etc for exhaust
- misc
I still own a Duc, Multi , and just sold a Duc Monster that I spend $ fixing up. I have owned three other Ducs, BUT I always wants to own a MV!
The options for the MV appear limited compared to my pasts Ducs and I am looking forward to some direction from you guys that have experience with the MV bikes! Thanks in advance .
PS; I REALLY like the bike. It is a Work of Art that will rip my ears off...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 PM

Welcome. We need pics...

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Pics this weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

AdamV, I just noticed you own a BMWs1000rr. My next bike. I came very close to purchasing one early this year. No question the fastest bike I have ever ridden ( except a Honda Blackbird with a twin turbo). The RR is a machine, scared the heck out of me!!! Loved it. I had to remember to breath when I ran it thru 1-3rd gear! I really NEED one for my collection! I need just get the nuts to drive one ( and the money after the MV)...
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello gang. I purchased a 2012 1090 Brutale R a few weeks back. I have been reading your posts, great site. I have owned bikes for 40 years, but this is my first MV. I am looking at having fun going broke changing parts out and making it mine,etc. I would really like your thoughts,on the following:
-new exhaust
- belly pan
- misc
I still own a Duc, Multi , and just sold a Duc Monster that I spend $ fixing up. I have owned three other Ducs, BUT I always wants to own a MV!
The options for the MV appear limited compared to my pasts Ducs and I am looking forward to some direction from you guys that have experience with the MV bikes! Thanks in advance .
Welcome George!

The 1090 is an awesome machine and I am sure you will fall in love with her. If you are really into modifications, my advise is: start with the stock mirrors. They are USELESS. I, for example fitted a pair of Rizomas on my 2011 1090RR along with a pair of Melotti LED blinkers. I really like the looks of the stock exhaust cans but I wanted to get rid of the cat. So after debating for a while I went for Arrow headers and mid pipe (Arrow part number 71450MI) and kept the stock silencers along with the stock ECU. This set up is perfect for my liking - a bit louder and raspier but not too loud and the bike seems to run a bit cooler and smoother. There are also a ton of accessories available online - check the forum sponsors like evolutionbike.it and the others.

Cheers!

Last edited by abazhle; 12-20-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Typos
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The options for the MV appear limited compared to my pasts Ducs
Cause the Duc needed them.

Congrats and welcome.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:45 PM

New Site Garage
Smile Welcome to the Forum and MV mate

There are heaps of options for your bike, have a look at what the forum sponsors have on offer - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
-new exhaust
- belly pan
- misc
Welcome Mate ! Enjoy !

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM

Welcome! I have a 749 and hope to always have a duck next to my MV. Although I've always wanted a Monster just to be able to run the license plate frame, "My other monster is my wife" One day...

Art

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode