Simple Question...lots of technicalities... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Simple Question...lots of technicalities...

We have some good weather coming up this weekend and I wanna take the ol' girl out for a ride...

Can I put race gas in it?

Just for the day? Should I/Can I put a full tank of race gas or 50/50 mix with 91 octane?

Also does anyone feel like the suspension in the front is very, very soft. I popped a wheelie the other day and noticed that my front brake line had been pinched after I came down?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 PM

I noticed the same thing to my front brake line on my 2012 1090rr brutale.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

I didn't know what it was at first. I was doing some wheelies, came down rather harsh, not super hard and heard a clunk. At first I thought it was the bottom of the headlight hitting the front fender but as I looked closer I noticed that the front brake line had been pinched. I was a little worried at first but then again it is steel braided lines and also protected by a very thick plastic. My front brakes feel fine but man, the front end is SOFT! I definitely want to dial the suspension in and get it set for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by agustaSPECIAL View Post
We have some good weather coming up this weekend and I wanna take the ol' girl out for a ride...

Can I put race gas in it?
I guess I need to ask "Why?"

You will get no noticeable gain in performance, but will see a noticeable drain in your wallet.

Buy some ethanol free 90 octane if you can find it. If not, use a name brand 89~93 octane gas and put a little ethanol treatment (I like StarTron) in it.

The clunk you heard coming off your wheelie was the forks bottoming out. Maybe you need to add some preload on the springs? or compression damping....or stiffer springs if your weight warrants it.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Well the shop I work at we have race gas so I can purchase it for really, really cheap. And...I don't know I just wanted to throw some in...see the performance gain/difference and I heard it cleans the fuel system out pretty well.

We tweaked the damping at work today...it was set pretty darn soft and I only weigh 147 lbs so I hope I wouldn't have to change the springs out due to weight lol.

"There are a lot of beautiful motorcycles in the world, but MV Agusta is another thing"
-
Claudio Castiglioni
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:18 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Maybe,no more wheelies and give your front suspension a break

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode