range - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

range

how many miles could i get from one tank of gas if i wasn't pushing it too hard on a brutale 750s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radskeyboard
how many miles could i get from one tank of gas if i wasn't pushing it too hard on a brutale 750s?
The fuel light will probably com one around 90-95 miles. I have run out just commuting at 110 miles.

Matt.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

hmmm. i just upgraded to one from a hornet. i meant to get something more practical for commuting because the range on the honda was only 100 miles!!... the brutale's probably not the best choice but after the test ride i stopped worrying about the commute and just bought it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radskeyboard
hmmm. i just upgraded to one from a hornet. i meant to get something more practical for commuting because the range on the honda was only 100 miles!!... the brutale's probably not the best choice but after the test ride i stopped worrying about the commute and just bought it
There is a fuel chip floating around that will help. From memory I gained an extra 10% range. Full touring I ran out at 148 miles with the new chip so it all comes down to how hard you ride it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 06:38 PM

yep, fuel mileage sucks, but as someone once said to me, "Would you buy a ferrari and complain about the mileage?" I really had no reply. Oddly enough, my big brother has the F4 1000 and gets slightly better mileage.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Jumping in

Hello to all. I'm just jumping in here with no particular aim, except that I am overjoyed to find the site. I ride an 1100S BMW at present, but I'm first in line here locally when the 910 comes, so I hope to be one of you really discriminating riders/owners soon. Sorry to crash your thread with no fuel light input - best I can contribute there is that I had the same prob on my beemer and ended up with a whole new instrument cluster and zero miles at no cost - pretty good deal.
Anyhow, I want to commend our host, whomever you are, for a most excellent website. I'm delighted to be here. If any of you have advice for me regarding my intended purchase, please let me know. I have ridden the 750 Brutale and loved everything about it - beyond a doubt (my doubt, anyway)the prettiest looking and sounding bike on the market. I just hope the sound and character of the ride won't change with the extra grunt and lower revs. If a test ride doesn't inspire me like the 750 did, I'll just save a few bucks, and get it instead. (did I mention I like the sound?)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 09:19 AM

I've been getting about 125 out of a tank while on the break in period. i am at 3500-7000 feet of elevation. and would expect mileage to increase as miles are put on the bike.

just stop to fill up a little more often and it gives everyone a chance to drool a bit!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 12:42 AM

scuro drinks like a fish and flies like a bat out of hell!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode