anyone own 2012 1090R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Question anyone own 2012 1090R

someone in the forum must have one right? I don't think I seen a single picture of it here...although I've seen good number of RR1090.

I'm close to closing the deal on the new 2012 white 1090R being shipped from the west coast and just wanted to see if any members of the forum owns one.

I'm sooooo close to getting the bike of my dream~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I've got a black one. Had it since late July but have only managed about 600km thanks to work commitments .

I had every intention of buying an RR but picked the R up about $4k AUD cheaper than I could find an RR for. Previous ride was an 08 Speed Triple and I'm confident the Brutale would run rings around it in the twisties.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 AM

I have a white one, owned it since May and 5500Km's. I love the bike, both looks and performance. I did purchase a ride height tool from the Knurl which made it better. Mine had poor throttle response at low revs which made it a bit of a pain in traffic and on tight roundabouts (particularly when wet). I have fitted a Microtec which has sorted that out beautifully, although I am having an issue with cold starts that I am waiting on a reply from Chris on. I use it every day, to and from work and rides at the weekend. Very happy with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajor View Post
I have a white one, owned it since May and 5500Km's. I love the bike, both looks and performance. I did purchase a ride height tool from the Knurl which made it better. Mine had poor throttle response at low revs which made it a bit of a pain in traffic and on tight roundabouts (particularly when wet). I have fitted a Microtec which has sorted that out beautifully, although I am having an issue with cold starts that I am waiting on a reply from Chris on. I use it every day, to and from work and rides at the weekend. Very happy with it
What's the purpose of ride height tool?
That's great Microtec sorted out the fueling issue.

Can't wait!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 AM

MV's have a slightly different way of setting up the rear suspebsion (to my experience, anyway) and the tool is needed to set this correctly. I found mine was along way out when I picked it up from the dealer. See
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...de+height+tool
or
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...071#post547071
A definite improvement in handling. You may find someone to borrow one from if you ask - my local dealer clearly doesn't have one (or maybe it was on loan when they set my bike up!)

The microtec has also improved fuel consumption. My last weekend blast returned 44.8mpg (UKgal) or 6.3L/100K whilst including around town is about 37mpg or 7.6L/100Km. Quite an improvement over the 29.5mpg (9.6) I was getting before
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink tool?

Jaes;
Ducatis set their rear suspension the same way(same guys designed it)

the tool gives you a simple reference point to measure from......you can measure from the frame just as easy.....but its a different measurement.
you need to do it once with the tool, and then pick where you want to measure from

if there is enough interest i'll do it as a group buy, say 25 people pay up front for a run of 50 tools......that way i'm not upside down for so long.
sound OK?

i could sweeten the deal, for the 1st 25, they get the old prices, the late arrivals pay $15 more......because materials went up

original prices;
my house $75, no box
stateside $85 shipped
the World $95 shipped

late arrivals.....
$90
$100
$110

me? i rather you came by the house, so i can adjust it to your bike......
and that way i don't have to make a fucking trapezoid box so it weighs less than 2 lbs to mail

anybody interested PM me and i'll put a thread in the Maintenance or FS sections

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM

I'd be interested in one of these. I "could" come pick it up, but not likely on the Brutie.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 PM

New Site Garage
Hey Noel - I'll take one on your next run.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode