The 910r - welcome back! (stalling) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

The 910r - welcome back! (stalling)

The bike does not want to be gentle on me. I'm nowhere near as graceful getting back into saddle as I was 1 year ago...but c'mon, really, was shifting this hard?

The engine cuts out quite often shifting from 1st all the way through to 4th gears, esp if coming down from >4k rpm; that half second of idle kills the bike. I've taken to keeping tension on throttle to keep up the revs, but this extra work isn't fun. Is it just me or does the 910r have stalling issues? They seem to go away after 20 mins, but that's 10 mins more than it needs to warm up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 PM

My 2007 910R also stalled on me two times yesterday in the same situation you describe. The bad part is that my battery is quite weak and i had to push start it twice just to make it home...

The people admiring the bike while i waited at stop signs must have been like 'look at this moron on the MV, he dosent even know how to operate that fine machine' as i has a minimum of 2000-2500 RPM's while stopped. Add an Arrow Thunder to the mix and i got some strange looks.

John
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

on point.
and for you traffic-campers out there, what is your average h2o temp whilst not doing much progress in traffic? I've been hitting 96* lately and it seems a touch steep for march (granted it is warm around here).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 PM

I regards to your question about the 910R having stalling issues the answer is yes. Mine was stalling at every stoplight a year and a half ago, then I replaced the SPU and the stalling went away. Guess what, now it is back but only occasionaly. I have taken it to my dealer and he has tried everything, sync throttle bodies, check TPS, check the CO and it all checks out but still stalls occasionaly. Do a search on the forum for brutale stalling and you will find volumes written on the subject.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 AM

You guys should try replacing the spark plugs and greasing the tops of the throttle bodies where they meet the air filter cover. Worked wonders for me on my 910s which very rarely stalls anymore. I have heard that the iridium spark plugs ar the best but I went stock and it is way better. Btw I only had about 4k on it for miles when I swapped the plugs I am at 13k now and have had no issues aside from the occasional hiccup but no stalls.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Established Member

There are times I'm too quick to let the clutch out, from a standing start. Seems academic, I know, but the Brutale is my only ride that is sooooo clutch sensitive!

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Al-

i thought i had mine solved last year, but this spring the stalling has returned. Seems like its worse when the tank is half empty than when its all the way full, but that might not be related. Last summer I synched the throttles, set the TPS, put in iridium plugs, etc etc.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Established Member

If you have the 910r, take out the performance chip. That's what fixed my bike.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmv View Post
If you have the 910r, take out the performance chip. That's what fixed my bike.
What did it say on the label of the chip?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 02:45 PM

Add me to the list. 2007 910R with under 3K miles, original owner since 2007.

Started a few days ago, and did it to me about 5 times today. Seems like the engine is suffocating right before it stalls. if i give it some revs, it doesn't stall.
Usually happens when I'm below 2K Rpms, usually pulling up to red lights.
Have no engine mods on the bike, just a FBF Race Air Filter and Arrow Shorty exhaust.

Today outside temp was in the mid 70s, in stop and go traffic, bike temp was getting up to 200.
But once on the throttle, would get back down to high 160s to low 180s.

If it keeps stalling, going to have to bring her in.

"i put on a mask, for the masks that i meet"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode