i did try this at home....issue with bars - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

i did try this at home....issue with bars

I got the heavy Motovation bar ends, and while they helped somewhat with the vibration...I wanted to go further. I read an entry here where another poster filled the bars with BBs. Well, I tried that, and the BBs would not go past a brass bar that is on the inside of the hollow bar. This small vertical brass tube is there to help locate and stabilize the mount for lever and reservoir. I tried to see if it could be easily removed with pliers, and it seems pretty ensconced. This bar would also interfere with the bar snake, or any other trick to cut the vibration down.

Anybody had good luck with budging this brass rod? Maybe I need to get smaller BBs. Perhaps diving ballast is smaller in diameter. I currently have a nice rattle in bars.

06 Mv Agusta Brutale 910
08 Ducati Hypermotard S
13 Husky Terra 650
2 Italian, 1 American, and 1 German car
1 Orbea Onyx (Basque) bike
Push lawnmower (to reduce above carbon footprint)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up smaller?

find some one that shoots trap or skeet, if they reload they will have 25lb bags of lead shot.....bigger the number smaller the shot try for #9s

if you can't find up north give me a call
i have #8 shot its 0.089"

when you go to fill the bar remove it and leave the left bar end in
do it on the side stand.....you'll figure it out

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12gte View Post
I got the heavy Motovation bar ends, and while they helped somewhat with the vibration...I wanted to go further. I read an entry here where another poster filled the bars with BBs. Well, I tried that, and the BBs would not go past a brass bar that is on the inside of the hollow bar. This small vertical brass tube is there to help locate and stabilize the mount for lever and reservoir. I tried to see if it could be easily removed with pliers, and it seems pretty ensconced. This bar would also interfere with the bar snake, or any other trick to cut the vibration down.

Anybody had good luck with budging this brass rod? Maybe I need to get smaller BBs. Perhaps diving ballast is smaller in diameter. I currently have a nice rattle in bars.
mate ,get a pair lockable pliers put them on the end and gently pull them out of your handle bars ,just wiggle from side to side in a half circle while pulling them out,I never replaced them as I like adjusting my clutch and brake lever to my riding stile,they are a waste of time.what the hell is bb's ,I tried the foam o fill,but makes very lettle difference,but my steering dampner did help.
cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

awesome tips, thanks !

I live in complete Pacifist country, so there is nobody around to ask about calibers of ammunition for air guns.
I plan to fill the bars with the smaller size (thanks for confirming it exists), AND also add foam from the Home Despot. And since I will be left with the larger BBs...I might have to buy an air pistol for my son and I to do some target practice.

Taking these tubes out is an option, as well, although I have come to regret something similar on the Hypermotard.

The stock bars had a hole, where the bump/stand-off on the interior of the plastic turn signal assembly locked it into place. I filed off the bump after I got Rizoma bars (not wanting to drill them), and getting the turn signal to stay put required some electrical tape.

regards

06 Mv Agusta Brutale 910
08 Ducati Hypermotard S
13 Husky Terra 650
2 Italian, 1 American, and 1 German car
1 Orbea Onyx (Basque) bike
Push lawnmower (to reduce above carbon footprint)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM

Thumbs up BBs?

i'm with Eddy, i pull the stupid pins too

Eddy BBs are steel shot ~0.177 dia. used as ammo in spring piston smooth bore rifles and pistols

v12gte;
call any sporting goods store or gun shop, they exist out side of Bagdad by the Bay

here's a list of NorCal skeet/trap/sporting clays ranges;
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/CA/nocal

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
i'm with Eddy, i pull the stupid pins too

Eddy BBs are steel shot ~0.177 dia. used as ammo in spring piston smooth bore rifles and pistols

v12gte;
call any sporting goods store or gun shop, they exist out side of Bagdad by the Bay

here's a list of NorCal skeet/trap/sporting clays ranges;
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/CA/nocal
Thanks noel,we do not have many guns over here,we prefer to use the boomerang.much cheaper to use,and no lead required.lol
cheers eddy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Wink airguns?

v12gte;
call theses guys;
http://www.beeman.com/
or
http://www.champchoice.com/

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode