Rear Wheel Bearings - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Rear Wheel Bearings

Good afternoon from Mallorca, Spain.

First excuse my English. I have just purchased a Brutale 910S model 2006 and I have listened that is very important change the rear wheel bearing every something KM, somebody knows about this bearings? and how many km should be changed?

Thanks and congartulation for this froum
910Mallorca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 03:38 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Hi and welcome to the forum,the rear hub should be checked and regreased every service interval.Also everytime you have the bike on the rear stand to lube your chain just feel for any play in the hub by moving the wheel from side to side,if there is any play or looseness have the hub/bearing checked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 910Mallorca View Post
Good afternoon from Mallorca, Spain.

First excuse my English. I have just purchased a Brutale 910S model 2006 and I have listened that is very important change the rear wheel bearing every something KM, somebody knows about this bearings? and how many km should be changed?

Thanks and congartulation for this froum
910Mallorca
I recommend you listen to Mitch - I am quite new here too, but I reckon he probably knows more about this problem than anyone and I have been looking real hard for advise on this very topic recently.

From my research my advise is to get one of Mitch's improved hubs. Others here say it is not necessary - which is probably right, but frankly I just don't fancy taking a chance on this. If the hub goes it seems to be with minimal warning and with very variable milages on it. I found some metallic flakes on the wheel at just 3300 miles. I could have rebuilt the hub, but it seems the whole thing is so overlightened it is hyper critical for torquing etc or you damage it and have early failures - which means chain adjustment is critical to bearing life too. Just wasn't worth it to me.

Damn'd fine kit Mitch (as if you hadn't heard that before already) - how did you get from Oz to the UK so quick? My parcels back home (going the other way) seem to take forever!

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Thanks for the feedback Chris,much appreciated.Enjoy.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode