have to gush - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

have to gush

I have only had my Brutale for a week, and I have to gush. What a machiiiiiiiiiiine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so different from my Hypermotard. MV still has the torque, but the top end is something that does not end. It keeps winding out, until I am "brutally" reminded of my first Formula 1 race, standing by the Montreal fence and experiencing "the shriek" of an engine capable of more than 10K revolutions. And it is so ripping smooth.

The ergos surprised me. I was expecting challenges. But those, ahem...."magic wings" on top of the tank serve a function, and happen to look lovely, indeed. The shape helps you hold on. I do not think I need grip pads on the tank.

I have read a lot about the issues with the throttle. Yes, one has to watch it in slow corners. Too much twist means overrunning a corner, but mine is not that bad. I am worried that going with a new ECU, releasing springs...will actually compromise the edgy character of the beast.

Not too many gripes. The mirrors shake, but I am getting some BBs, expanding foam, and Motovation bar ends. I am getting the new hub as insurance. I am also getting longer pegs for rear brake and clutch levers.

But I am very, very happy with my purchase !

06 Mv Agusta Brutale 910
08 Ducati Hypermotard S
13 Husky Terra 650
2 Italian, 1 American, and 1 German car
1 Orbea Onyx (Basque) bike
Push lawnmower (to reduce above carbon footprint)

Last edited by v12gte; 03-09-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Established Member

Happy to hear you like it. I almost bought a hypermotard before picking the MV, sounds like I made the right choice.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 PM

New Site Garage
Cool +10

Glad to hear, they are nice bikes indeed.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 PM
col

New Site Garage
the 06 910 will keep you gushing
my only advice is if you keep gushing drink plenty of water
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
the 06 910 will keep you gushing
my only advice is if you keep gushing drink plenty of water
The bike decided that it had feelings, too, and it gushed in the garage this morning. I filled her up to the brim after a morning coffee run, and then parked the beast on the sidestand. The tank overflow hose dribbled /gushed a puddle. Could they have put the overflow opening on the right side of the bike?

Ps. I will pass on the fluid advice above. I have some time left on the clock before i need to start buying Depends, and excessive fluid intake before the ride would force the issue.

06 Mv Agusta Brutale 910
08 Ducati Hypermotard S
13 Husky Terra 650
2 Italian, 1 American, and 1 German car
1 Orbea Onyx (Basque) bike
Push lawnmower (to reduce above carbon footprint)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:41 PM

The Duc Hyper is a lot of fun as well, my brother has one and I'd put one in the garage.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12gte View Post
I have only had my Brutale for a week, and I have to gush. What a machiiiiiiiiiiine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so different from my Hypermotard. MV still has the torque, but the top end is something that does not end. It keeps winding out, until I am "brutally" reminded of my first Formula 1 race, standing by the Montreal fence and experiencing "the shriek" of an engine capable of more than 10K revolutions. And it is so ripping smooth.

The ergos surprised me. I was expecting challenges. But those, ahem...."magic wings" on top of the tank serve a function, and happen to look lovely, indeed. The shape helps you hold on. I do not think I need grip pads on the tank.

I have read a lot about the issues with the throttle. Yes, one has to watch it in slow corners. Too much twist means overrunning a corner, but mine is not that bad. I am worried that going with a new ECU, releasing springs...will actually compromise the edgy character of the beast.

Not too many gripes. The mirrors shake, but I am getting some BBs, expanding foam, and Motovation bar ends. I am getting the new hub as insurance. I am also getting longer pegs for rear brake and clutch levers.

But I am very, very happy with my purchase !
Hi mate,

I've had them all, Replacement ECU, Power commander and some custom tweaking with the throttle response. My conclusion after all of that is that the stock twitchy throttle is a quirk of the bike, and I kinda like it. I'm back to stock now, but if you ever want the whole bike re-worked for performance then the X-bikes ECU is good, but saying that the stock beast ain't got nothing to be ashamed about.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12gte View Post
The bike decided that it had feelings, too, and it gushed in the garage this morning. I filled her up to the brim after a morning coffee run, and then parked the beast on the sidestand. The tank overflow hose dribbled /gushed a puddle. Could they have put the overflow opening on the right side of the bike?

Ps. I will pass on the fluid advice above. I have some time left on the clock before i need to start buying Depends, and excessive fluid intake before the ride would force the issue.

Do not fill it any higher/more that the MIN level.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode