On off throttle gone , thanks people - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

On off throttle gone , thanks people

As some know I was fed up with the on/off character of my bruttie , so I hardly rode it.
Those days are gone I went to a very good mechanic (Bsh Heers in Belgium) He saw lots of troubles , worn in front fork legs (warranty applied through dealer for new ones , if I don,t get new ones , Carl will be the place for help , too much oil in engine , oil smelled of gasoline , no cooling fluid , gas cable too lose, etc...
Altough the bike went in at 6700 km for it,s 6000 km maintenance , bike has now 10800 km but I guess at the wrong dealer but.....
So what happened this week at the good dealer.
He started adjusting all kinds of things (i think Tpc settings) , then changed chain and sprockets (to 40 T instead of 43 T) Carl (Cag) and esq'ze me. Thanks guys.
This makes the bike ..... GREAT
Btw the bike was adjusted on the dyno , last year on another dyno the bike (with full open Corse line) made 145 hp , on this dyno 141 (more then enough).
So guys change those 43 T to 40 T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 04:30 AM

New Site Garage
Exclamation wow

That is pretty scary to read Greny, how do you check your bike with so many things wrong on it. Glad you are sorted mate. Now you need to sharpen up on those maintenance skills .

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 AM

hey donsy it happens ,tonybrutales 1090 has done 6000km on original pre 1000km oil,you no the thin crap,boy was he pissed,I will say no more.
cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 AM

New Site Garage
Post Not what I meant Eddy

If your bike has too much oil in, and you could not figure it out, that's a worry - no coolant in, and you could not see that. .Mate my kids know how to check oil and water.

People need to take a bit of responsibilty of what goes on in their lives too, because this is how some dealers get away with robbing you and doing shit service.

How do you do 6000km on pre-1000km oil, did he not read in the owners manual that oil has to be changed at 1000km, or did they not do it.
I would have at least looked to see if the colour of the oil had changed.

The oil now days are a lot better than 20yrs ago, so although we change oil often, the oil will run far longer than we think.
I trust all is well over there now ?

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 05:31 AM

weird,thats why I do my own oil service,but major service I will take to a guy out at carina,called ozy.oh I forgot oi,oi,oi,to much scotch tonight all the best .
cheers eddy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
That is pretty scary to read Greny, how do you check your bike with so many things wrong on it. Glad you are sorted mate. Now you need to sharpen up on those maintenance skills .
I had till 5 months ago , a busy bicycle store , that's how
Six bikes (which I used mostly for riding to my store) and always working or was at my horses.
Now I am in the process of selling my house and move to the south of France , and then I will have time for checking those things.
But if I pay good money at a garage that only sells Mv,s then I expect them to do the maintenance correct ....
But imho a garage without a dyno.........
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greny View Post
I had till 5 months ago , a busy bicycle store , that's how
Six bikes (which I used mostly for riding to my store) and always working or was at my horses.
Now I am in the process of selling my house and move to the south of France , and then I will have time for checking those things.
But if I pay good money at a garage that only sells Mv,s then I expect them to do the maintenance correct ....
But imho a garage without a dyno.........
You should always check oil and water before going for a ride, it only takes 2mins, but can save you lotsa $$$.
Very few shops have Dyno's Greny, not just here, but right around the world. A dyno does not make it a good dealer, believe me. .

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode