How to identify EPROM (s) ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

How to identify EPROM (s) ?

Hey all just recently aquired a 2007 910R here in the states. Tried a search but did not see anything specific.

Bike came to me with the cat-delete mid pipe and Corse exhaust installed, I also got the stock exhaust and cat plus the little box with an EPROM in it.

Bike was not running when I got it do to dead battery but I am slowly going through it, fresh fluids through out today and new chain, battery etc etc.

My question is previous owner said he put stock EPROM back in as it ran better, the one I have in the little black Corse box has a yellow paint dot on it...but no "corse" markings...pulled ECU tonight and took off rubber cover, did not pull EPROM but it doesnt look like anything special!

How do you tell which is which? Only got a short ride on it as it sits and once warm fueling seems ok...no stalling in my short ride and since the bike has 17K miles I assume it goes for the most part....but I want to try the race ECU since the exhaust is fitted and see how it runs!

Thanks for any tips...cool bike, going to look at the cam chain tensioner and rear hub next....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink chips anyone?

Glenns;
sounds like you need some one to 'read' the chip

try calling Doug Lofgren 612-718-7914 and see what he says

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenns View Post
Hey all just recently aquired a 2007 910R here in the states. Tried a search but did not see anything specific.

Bike came to me with the cat-delete mid pipe and Corse exhaust installed, I also got the stock exhaust and cat plus the little box with an EPROM in it.

Bike was not running when I got it do to dead battery but I am slowly going through it, fresh fluids through out today and new chain, battery etc etc.

My question is previous owner said he put stock EPROM back in as it ran better, the one I have in the little black Corse box has a yellow paint dot on it...but no "corse" markings...pulled ECU tonight and took off rubber cover, did not pull EPROM but it doesnt look like anything special!

How do you tell which is which? Only got a short ride on it as it sits and once warm fueling seems ok...no stalling in my short ride and since the bike has 17K miles I assume it goes for the most part....but I want to try the race ECU since the exhaust is fitted and see how it runs!

Thanks for any tips...cool bike, going to look at the cam chain tensioner and rear hub next....
I know none of these are for the 910R, but you never know with all the chopping and changing going on - http://mvfaq.blogspot.com.au/2006/06...rence-hit.html
The best is to swap the chips and test them yourself, are you near someone who can help you re-set the TPS ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Established Member

I had the same experience. The performance EPROM made my bike stall when pulling the clutch in. it was super annoying. The dealer put the regular chip back in & it stopped stalling.

I'd keep the stock chip in if i were you. As fast as the bike is, I doubt you will notice a difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode