Technical help required. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Technical help required.

Hi guys
I'm still having problems with the 1090RR stalling when I clutch in from high revs (usually just as I'm about to drop it down to third when I'm barreling into a sharp left or right hand bend) its also now being a bitch to start. A couple of threads report that the only fix is a replacement ECU.
Problem is I've got the full MVCorse stubby exhaust system and race ecu fitted so I dont think MV are going to cover a replacement race ecu under warranty and in any case they will send the standard ecu and I already have one of those in the garage.

I hear talk about power commanders and microtech but dont really understand what they do. Can someone explain and point me in the right direction.

Cheers guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Try resetting the TPS first!!!! Throttle body synch and correct idle speed, too.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Established Member

cant you just pop the oe ecu back on for now to eliminate that as a problem.if you look at the power runs from my bike it actually run better with the oe ecu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushman View Post
Hi guys
I
Problem is I've got the full MVCorse stubby exhaust system and race ecu fitted so I dont think MV are going to cover a replacement race ecu under warranty and in any case they will send the standard ecu and I already have one of those in the garage.

Cheers guys.
If the parts are dealer fitted then surely they have an obligation to look into it? You could try the standard ECU to see if it improves the starting but the bike will probably run weak when been revved so not really recommended unless you put the stock exhaust back on however at least by doing this you may or may not eliminate the race ecu as the issue.

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
My F4 was stalling like yours and I have the race ECU,it was running too rich and was easily adjusted at the dealer and I fitted Iridium spark plugs and now it never stalls,hope this helps you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Yes...forgot that part....set idle CO trim along with TPS, synch and idle speed. Simple quick stuff if you have the tools.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r25sti View Post
cant you just pop the oe ecu back on for now to eliminate that as a problem.if you look at the power runs from my bike it actually run better with the oe ecu.
Glad to hear from you R25sti as I've been reading your post re power commander.
Did you keep the original ecu on when you fitted the race can? and is the power commander now suitable for the new 1090.

Bikes currently sat in Bennetts showroom in Barnsley so if you want to nip in Billywhizzz and sort her out for me it'd be much appreciated.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Yes...forgot that part....set idle CO trim along with TPS, synch and idle speed. Simple quick stuff if you have the tools.
Cheers for this I will get that checked first and let you know if it sorts the problem.

I think I've gone about it all arse about face, so far I've changed the plugs for iridium, put a new battery on, changed the air filter for a BMC version and had it set up on the dyno. When the bikes warmed up and running its as sweet as showing 145BHP at the rear wheel. but none of this has sorted out the poor starting and stalling issue.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushman View Post
Glad to hear from you R25sti as I've been reading your post re power commander.
Did you keep the original ecu on when you fitted the race can? and is the power commander now suitable for the new 1090.

Bikes currently sat in Bennetts showroom in Barnsley so if you want to nip in Billywhizzz and sort her out for me it'd be much appreciated.

hello,at the moment ive got the race ecu on and untill i get a chance to ride it thats how i will keep it,it is looking as if i may have to try a different exhaust system set up to get the dyno run to look right.ive got the race ecu with arrow headers and standard cans.the powercommander 5 for the 1090rr should be avaliable from dynojet within the next few weeks if you read through my last posts dynojet have joined the forum and given contact details if you want to give them a call for the dates.unfortunatly i didnt have a race end can when they did my different power runs and i feel that i need a less restrictive end can for the optimum run but watch this space because if i feel the bike isnt running right then its new system time.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I guess from that it really doesnt matter which ecu is fitted as the power commander will remap the system to match whichever set up youve got.

I put the full titanium mvcorse system on mine and we got the bike up to 145 at the rear wheel after a bit of tweaking I was trying to find a copy of the dyno run to add to your thread but I started to lose heart when the stalling issue returned to the point where I was considering chopping the brute in for a streetfighter. But I'm going to have one last crack at solving this issue.

1. Get the co idle and tps checked for the right set up
2. If that doesnt sort it, put the original ecu back on, fit a power commander and get the bike set up on a dyno.
3. If that doesnt work, put it back to stock set up, get a streetfighter and sell all the bits on here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode