power commander and quick shifter fitted 1090rr - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

power commander and quick shifter fitted 1090rr

well ive finally picked my bike up from dynojet today.ive had the power commander,quickshifter,decat(arrow headers) and race ecu fit.ive not ridden it as yet as the roads are a mess but with the decat it now sounds like a motorbike not a washing machine.the power before any mods was 137bhp and after with all the mods 142bhp 85ftlb.i will post the maps when i have time.like many have said on here already they couldnt fit an ignition module so they have fit the quickshifter to the fuel side(thoughts please?).its had the linear quickshifter fit and imo its been done very well,i will put a picture up tomorrow of the install.i know the power increase isnt that great but the torque is up by 6ftlb in the right place around 6 to 10rpm.the lambda sensor is still connected for some reason? im sure someone will explain this to me on here but its not in use just connected.just to mention this was never a power hunt i just wanted the quickshifter and it to sound better.lol

Last edited by r25sti; 02-05-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 03:01 AM

hey r25sti,good pickup on power,is the pc5 now available .is that 142hp at the wheel if so pretty good.
cheers eddy
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

hello,yes thats at the wheel and no its not avaliable for around 3 to 4 weeks in the uk that is.they used my bike to work out the fitment and connections and now are putting into production.my pcv is a none descript plastic box as its the pre production test box.

heres some picture of the qs,poor pictures,i will get better ones up soon.

Last edited by r25sti; 02-03-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 PM

Thats interesting. I received this message today when I asked about the availability of the PC.V:

Actually we are no closer to development then when you e-mailed back in October. We are still looking to see the bike for research and development. Hopefully someone in the western United States, with a Brutale 1090, and who wants a Power Commander bad enough, will get in touch with us and loan us the bike. There definitely is not a high enough demand for the product to warrant us to buy the bike for research and development. If you know any one that fits this description, send them to us. Tell them, the Power Commander and custom tuning will all be done at no charge to them. They simply need to let us borrow the bike for a couple of days.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081

Something doesn't add up?

Last edited by Tealman; 02-03-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Error in original post
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

LOL,dynojet uk obviously havnt sent the info to them yet(its only been a day or two since they did mine).they supplied the pre production units from the US to dynojet UK.drop dynojet uk an email and say you have heard that they will be avaliable soon,is this the case.i asked if it was ok to put it on this forum and they never told me to keep it quiet.
and just to add...mine was all done free of charge as they have offered in the states and i only paid for the quickshifter and not even the modding of the gear shift or the fitting of it.they also fit my race ecu and arrow decat headers foc to top it off....as you can imagine im quite pleased with there service.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up - I will contact dynojet UK to see when I might be able to get hold of the PC.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Hi Chris,now is dynojet uk part of dynojet usa,obviousley r25sti has his pc5 installed by dynojet uk ,now there must be a contact person over there ,now I know this might be old fashioned but a phone call to the person who did the job would clear all.the test bike has been supplied by r25sti,you have the data,unless the usa bikes are different.
cheers eddy
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Hi Chris,now is dynojet uk part of dynojet usa,obviousley r25sti has his pc5 installed by dynojet uk ,now there must be a contact person over there ,now I know this might be old fashioned but a phone call to the person who did the job would clear all.the test bike has been supplied by r25sti,you have the data,unless the usa bikes are different.
cheers eddy

Totally seperate entities from what i understand.

They are linked by the products and business aims etc but otherwise the UK is not just a branch of the US.

They are just UK distributors with the rights to the product over here.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

just before i left yesterday i did ask how long untill it would be avaliable and the told me they have to send all the info to the states and then they start production then its around 3-4 weeks.from what i understood that would be world wide.worth a call to UK dynojet for more info though.they are very helpfull
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

heres the dyno runs.red before and blue after the mods.ive looked at quite a few mv dyno runs and they all have a slighte dip between 3 and 6000rpm.anyone know why?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode