Broken Headlight! - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MVF4SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne VIC
Posts: 449
Broken Headlight!

I need some help.....

A few nights ago I was following a truck and had the headlight glass smashed on my 1090RR.(I have always had headlight protectors on all of my bikes, but one was not made for the 1090RR yet)

I rang the dealers in Oz and they told me that you can only change the entire headlight assembly, which is a fabulous AUD$1500

Now reading the parts catalogue it shows a separate part number for a headlight cover. Is this part available separately or not? I can't afford the whole assembly here and going through my insurance still has an excess of $600.

HELP!!!.........
MVF4SR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Established Member
 
Skrecov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 117
New Site Garage
I got lucky and found a used one just the glass with the plastic rim for 300 on ebay. Keep checking online all the forums and ebay
Skrecov is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
 
getec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4SR View Post
I need some help.....

A few nights ago I was following a truck and had the headlight glass smashed on my 1090RR.(I have always had headlight protectors on all of my bikes, but one was not made for the 1090RR yet)

I rang the dealers in Oz and they told me that you can only change the entire headlight assembly, which is a fabulous AUD$1500

Now reading the parts catalogue it shows a separate part number for a headlight cover. Is this part available separately or not? I can't afford the whole assembly here and going through my insurance still has an excess of $600.

HELP!!!.........
Full headlight assembly is 604.00 EUR = 743.743 AUD (plus shipping, maybe about AUD$100, but I am not sure)

http://www.startwintrading.com/en/mo...0_-_10/oem/696

Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors now offer a protector for AUD $59:

http://www.amhp.com.au/amhpshop/index.php?cPath=37
Attached Images
 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride safe and take care.
_________________________

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getec; 02-01-2012 at 04:09 AM.
getec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 04:34 AM
New Member
 
Andre_De's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Geelong Aus..
Posts: 13
Getec..

Thanks for the very helpful link.. Looking at getting my Brute early March, and that will be the first item on the list.

Cheers,
Andre_De is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MVF4SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne VIC
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post
Full headlight assembly is 604.00 EUR = 743.743 AUD (plus shipping, maybe about AUD$100, but I am not sure)

http://www.startwintrading.com/en/mo...0_-_10/oem/696

Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors now offer a protector for AUD $59:

http://www.amhp.com.au/amhpshop/index.php?cPath=37
Thanks. Yes I know about the protector, but they were not available when I picked up the bike from Troopers. Just my luck....

I have been on line everywhere and I know the price is around the AUD$800 mark for the full assembly, but I really want to know whether you can buy just the glass and surround as per the parts manual.

I hope someone can help.
MVF4SR is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
If I were you I'd jury rig a round headlight to your bike until one comes up second hand on the forum or on ebay...My mate did that when his Brutale headlight cracked.

probly a bit harder on yours as it has projectors I think ? not regular bulbs like pre 2010



The pre 2010 bikes you could get just the glass

joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 02-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.
gotojoe is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MVF4SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne VIC
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
If I were you I'd jury rig a round headlight to your bike until one comes up second hand on the forum or on ebay...My mate did that when his Brutale headlight cracked.

probly a bit harder on yours as it has projectors I think ? not regular bulbs like pre 2010



The pre 2010 bikes you could get just the glass

joe
I won't put a different headlight on because the current one works fine and I will keep riding with it as it is until someone can confirm that you can buy just the cover or not......

I wait with baited breath.......
MVF4SR is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
Surely the dealer would know ? I'll try and find out for you,,,,Good that you are still on the road tho,
gotojoe is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MVF4SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne VIC
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Surely the dealer would know ? I'll try and find out for you,,,,Good that you are still on the road tho,
No I spoke to Julie at Troopers and they were the ones that told me that you can only buy the complete assembly. I also spoke to Peter Stevens here in Melbourne and they said the same thing.

.....But on the parts list it says that there is a cover that is available with a separate part number. I am just trying to confirm it with someone.....anyone!!!

Thanks for your help, by the way.
MVF4SR is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
theknurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Palos Verdes Est, SoCal, USA
Posts: 13,889
Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down Brutale headlight lens?

the bad news......
http://store.proitalia.com/advanced_...ale+head+light

ouch!

the F4 glass is available separately ~$173

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
theknurl is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome