foot pegs height? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
foot pegs height?

I went out for a ride the weekend, a little cold i know but wanted a blast. we met some friends in stratford. they said we'll follow you back. when we stopped the one guy said my foot pegs seemed to be different hight and that i seemed to be leaning to one side, this is not the first time some body has said i seem lopsided.

Lets get one thing straight both of my legs are the same length. lol.

so in the car park we all took turns sitting on the bike and i must admit the right hand foot peg seem to be about an inch higher than the left. Is this normal has anybody else noticed this?
I i have been a measured from foot peg to seat ( 15 1/2 ") but have not checked from the floor up yet.
has any body any advise on this.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Some models have adjustable foot pegs....is yours one of those? The MV adjustable pegs are easy to check and adjust, there is a little scale and pointer that you can look at to ensure both are at the same height.....or use a tape measure from level ground.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 PM

Jo I will measure mine tomorrow as I know we have the same bike . Not seen any others on here yet . Not noticed mine being odd heights .
Does it feel odd to ride or is it OK ?

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink peg height?

joanne:
like Ed said use scales on the adjustable pegs.....measuring to the ground is tough, the stands lean the bike a little to the left......its about a 3 person job;
one to hold the level
one hold the bike
and the tape measure person

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Established Member

I help Dons measure his pegs, the most constant points on the bike is the engine bolts, it's a good reference that's the same on both sides of the bike, and from the edge of the rear axle as a second or third point.
We had a lady friend in South Africa with a bike built by her husband, we followed her one day going on a rally and noticed her sitting at a angle on the bike. Dons checked the bike and noticed she had bent handlebars, so Dons told her to relax on the bike and bend her arms so she can sit up straight till the bars were repaired.

Liesl
Loving the racing life ....

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
The bike rides and handles great. yes it's the 920 brutale, did that get any frame mods? i know they changed it for the all in one seat which i think is more comfortable for pillion. when my partner is feeling brave enough. lol. i will wait till week end and get some one to help measure from the ground up . didn't know the bike tilted to left on stand thanks for that bit of info. will try and get some pics a swell because from the rear it definitely look higher. no they are not the adjustable foots pegs that was what i thought @ first. but cannot see any adjustment.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM

I would say, place the Brute on a paddock-stand and check... :-)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 PM

When I bought my bike (used), I saw the adjustable footpegs were set to different numbers. I started to change them to match but then I stopped and thought I should verify they really weren't even. I measured from multiple places and found they were exactly the same. So don't trust the markings on the pegs - measure and verify the actual positioning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode