Aprilia Tuono V4R vs Brutale 1090RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Aprilia Tuono V4R vs Brutale 1090RR

Folks,

I have read a lot of hyped reviews on the new Tuono V4R and I have been wondering if anybody has ridden the new Tuono and how it compares to the 1090RR. I personally find the Tuono V4R to be one of the ugliest nakeds out there...but motorcycle journalists seem to love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazhle View Post
Folks,

I have read a lot of hyped reviews on the new Tuono V4R and I have been wondering if anybody has ridden the new Tuono and how it compares to the 1090RR. I personally find the Tuono V4R to be one of the ugliest nakeds out there...but motorcycle journalists seem to love it.

Easy decision.....chicks or journalist? Chicks dig Brutie riders.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Established Member

Agree - the Tuono is a damm good bike, but ugly as hell.

I am looking at the new 1090RR

I think there is one big add value with the Brute - is looks absolutely fantastic when you get out with your gear on ready for a ride. I personally wouldn't have that pleasure with the Tuono. Looks and detail does matter - when the ride is top notch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM

......no comparison.......and journalists don't count.......
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

In this MCN track comparisson the Tuono V4R comes on top

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=EEuJnKcL5qw

But in the real world the truth is that the Tuono is uncomfortable (being a sports bike in the making), has a miserable fuel range and it just doesn't make sense. And it is butt ugly.

The folks at BIKE magazine tested the same bikes and actually the 1090RR beat them all in the 1/4 mile run. Plus it is the most comfortable, smoothest and most appealing one. Not to mention the "chick magnet" factor. Cheers! :-)
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 AM

........I wish I could take advantage of the "Chick Magnet" bit.......oh well.....
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 02:59 AM

With the option to buy either I chose to get the 1090 RR. It's a better daily street bike, it's gorgeous, it's cheaper and an exotic MV. The Tuono V4 engine was a real temptation but it has looks only a mother could love and it's seat is a plank that makes dirt bikes seem comfortable. Buying the 1090 was a great decision at the time and I'd still make the same decision now.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 AM

I have not ridden the V4 myself, but a mate of mine rode one on the roads in France. He said it was more uncomfortable than his 2011 ZX10R!

However, another friend has the 'Factory' version and for the track it goes like stink, has all the toys (steering damper, traction control (one that works well), quick shifter and anti wheelie) and with the same rider would more than likely be quicker than the 1090.

Personally, I would always stick with my Brutale over the V4, as I have said before, owning a bike is not about out and out performance, we all now a 600 with a good rider will outperform, or at least keep up with a 1000 with a lesser rider.

For me performance clearly is a factor, but as long as the bike does what you expect of it on the road or track, the final test of whether the bike is right is being able to turn your back on her and walk away. If you turn around for another glance and she draws you back everytime it passes.

MV's are the only bike that I can say that have done that for me.

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 12-29-2011 at 03:07 AM.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 AM

1090rr anyday,comfort is not what the v4r is about, looks like bee a runs like a hornet,good luck if you buy this bike damn ugly.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Couldn't agree more...a bike as ugly as the Tuono V4 doesn't deserve any further discussion. I am glad and extremely happy with my 1090RR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode