I wrecked my Brutale 910r - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: should i try to weld the cases?
yes 3 21.43%
no 7 50.00%
no but do it anyway cause cases are gonna cost a mint 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I wrecked my Brutale 910r

Well i will bet I am the first. I slid the R in Louisiana, probably the only R in Louisiana. The bike held up well and I will submitt pictures as attachments. I can say the frame protectors saved the frame and a pair of Adio shoes saved my ankle. I jamed my leg under the bike for dear life and it seemed to protect it pretty well until i was finally ripped away from the bike, my leg on the other hand has a healthy bit of rash.

parts hit (I need and am guessing will have to buy new)

right brake lever
right foot peg and brake lever
right mirror
right bar end
right frame protector
right radiator aluminum thingy
right Bam Adio shoe (you guys this shoe is wicked tough and without a doubt saved my ankle. I jammed my leg under that bike like a skid puck, if you want some stuff to ride and walk in I strongly reccomend these, looks good with a black bike)

things that matter
Transmission Trap Door
Righ lower cases

I used to drag race Sportsters and i have grenaded many a case. I am considering welding and refinishing the case as the damages are mainly cosmetic. I am however a little concerned about warpage and case porosity but thinking the aluminum will be pretty good since I paid nearly 20 g's for the bike. at any rate if anyone has parts send me a message e-mail is [email protected] and I will keep people up to date on repairs so if this happens to you you might have some different ideas to repair your little disaster.

P.S. some one pulled out in front of me after an s curve and promptly hauled tail after they saw me go down. I love LA! Goin offshore so TTYL!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:23 PM

I have had a crankcase welded on an old BSA - no problems but I would just do a cosmetic repair, and get someone good to respray it. Look around for some good filler that will withstand heat of the engine etc and take care with the repair and if it is done well you won't ever notice it and only you will know!

The engine parts will cost a mint and if you weld it who knows what will happen!!

And very expensive to dismantle, gaskets and reassemble!

Bad luck mate at least you are ok!!

Spend your money on new mirrors etc and all the other non engine bits and then make a decision!

Gary

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Ah! I am very sorry to hear about this misfortune. Luckily you came out okay, and that is all that truly matters. Good luck with putting her back to prestine shape. Keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
moto_bella
Glad to hear that you are alright.

What kind of frame sliders do you have?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM

Glad you are ok.....

Your bike is fixable....

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:37 PM

I`m sorry to see the damage but glad to hear you`re OK. Perhaps that would be a good area to make a cerbon fiber guard to cover and protect that area. you can make the shape out of a sheet oh sculpturs wax then make a mold. If you know how to do lay/up. The cover can hide the damage. Just a thought and may be less work. Good luck,C
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
as was said above
thank goodness you wern't hurt worse

and.....
as those NON-PROTECTIVE Adio's didn't protect your ankle...... God must have

next time you go riding, buy some boots with real ankle protection...... please

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:57 PM

sorry to hear but glad your are ok.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 PM

Glad to hear that you are ok, crashing sucks, especially under those circumstances, that asshole who pulled in front of you needs to be beaten. I have to agree with Greg, get some real fucking shoes, you are lucky to still have a foot. If you are an accomplished welder, and its just cosmetic, i dont see why it would give you any trouble. I have seen much worse damages repaired to near perfection, but only if the technician knows what he or she is doing.

Last edited by Some Guy; 11-02-2006 at 06:56 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:58 PM

1/ Do NOT weld the cases if the damage is only superficial.... Bondo and paint is all you need.

2/ Do NOT protect a falling Motorcycle with your Body Parts. They will make MORE motorcycles. However this may not be the case for your body parts...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode