I wrecked my 910r - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

I wrecked my 910r

Well i will bet I am the first. I slid the R in Louisiana, probably the only R in Louisiana. The bike held up well and I will submitt pictures as attachments. I can say the frame protectors saved the frame and a pair of Adio shoes saved my ankle. I jamed my leg under the bike for dear life and it seemed to protect it pretty well until i was finally ripped away from the bike, my leg on the other hand has a healthy bit of rash.

parts hit (I need and am guessing will have to buy new)

right brake lever
right foot peg and brake lever
right mirror
right bar end
right frame protector
right radiator aluminum thingy
right Bam Adio shoe (you guys this shoe is wicked tough and without a doubt saved my ankle. I jammed my leg under that bike like a skid puck, if you want some stuff to ride and walk in I strongly reccomend these, looks good with a black bike)

things that matter
Transmission Trap Door
Righ lower cases

I used to drag race Sportsters and i have grenaded many a case. I am considering welding and refinishing the case as the damages are mainly cosmetic. I am however a little concerned about warpage and case porosity but thinking the aluminum will be pretty good since I paid nearly 20 g's for the bike. at any rate if anyone has parts send me a message e-mail is [email protected] and I will keep people up to date on repairs so if this happens to you you might have some different ideas to repair your little disaster.

P.S. some one pulled out in front of me after an s curve and promptly hauled tail after they saw me go down. I love LA! Goin offshore so TTYL!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I would be crying.....

Glad to hear you're OK....and Karma is a bitch to the hit and runner....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Not very lucky..

Glad you are ok!!!

sucks about the bike, but it will be better than new in no time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:48 PM

New Site Garage
Nice to hear you are okay, sorry to hear about the mishap...Not worth an insurance claim, I suppose (?)

As for this...

"you guys this shoe is wicked tough and without a doubt saved my ankle. I jammed my leg under that bike like a skid puck, if you want some stuff to ride and walk in I strongly reccomend these, looks good with a black bike"

...Not to be a safety-beyotch, but I hear a good set of riding boots or even half boots work quite well, also...

Good luck getting her all back in one piece, and don't worry, I agree, Karma is a wicked boomerang, that guy will get his...

Griff
twoeleven
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:03 AM

Get well to you and bike. Thanks for posting. Take care.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Hey, I agree about the shoes, and I did cry briefly out of frustration when the dude fled. I had only had the bike for a matter of weeks and had laid over my BMW K100 (fattest ugliest most wonderful bike to get eggs milk and 12 pack of beer on) a multitude of times with horrible results. Initially thought the damages ere a lot worse but they still suck. you guys are right on the riding boots. there is no doubt they are more safe but being in Louisiana, we dance zydaco and its hard enough in regular shoes. riding boots might criple a partner (toe stomp). The Adios are skater shoes and have a tough ankle gaed but no steel toe. That sucker was planted firmly under the bike for as I could. I will say though that my hamberger shin would not have been nearly as bad with boots.
If you think skate shoes aren't much for safety, you should try going down with a pair of Armani Exchange jeans! the lower leg ripped off like stripper pants! BTW had a Carhardt denim insulated jacket on and didn't get so much as a hole but did rip off the Louisiana off shore patch.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:42 AM

Good to know you came out ok, were you not worried about your ankles? that scares me enough to always ware boots....
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 AM

...Glad to see that you are OK and in good spirit!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 AM

That sucks, but i'm glad you're ok.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Established Member

bummer - at least you're not too mashed up. very upsetting when your bike gets scraped tho - wishing you & the 910r a speedy recovery!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode