1090RR rerview mirror - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

1090RR rerview mirror

Folks,

The rearview mirror (left-hand side) of my 2011 1090RR fell off while in motion and a car ran over it. So it is (sadly) ruined. I couldn't find a part number for the mirror piece only in the MV OEM catalog. There is a part number for the whole rearview mirror assembly (including turn light etc) but I only need the actual mirror piece. Does anybody have any idea where I can get it from?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Established Member

You cant buy just the mirror glass...

This sounds like a warranty issue, bring it up with your dealer, I'm sure MV will be happy to replace it for you.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Established Member

+1 The mirrors falling out is a known issue at most dealers. When I brought my bike in to the dealer for a decat and ECU, the service manager actually made a comment that he could not believe mine had not fallen out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball View Post
+1 The mirrors falling out is a known issue at most dealers. When I brought my bike in to the dealer for a decat and ECU, the service manager actually made a comment that he could not believe mine had not fallen out.

On a side note, how do you like the decat / ECU? Could you notice any improvements? Detractions?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Established Member

Bike runs better with the new ECU. Less vibration, accelerates smoother. I also like the way the exhaust sounds now. A little bit louder without being annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones525 View Post
On a side note, how do you like the decat / ECU? Could you notice any improvements? Detractions?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Established Member

Not uncommon, and the dealer will promptly replace the entire assembly, as the glass lens is not available separately.

However what is uncommon is the newest replacement mirror is an improvement over the first generation. A colleague here in SoCal recently lost the glass on both sides going over a sharp bump on his brand new My2011, 1090RR. Upon reporting the problem to his dealer, Moto-Forza. Both mirror assemblies were promptly replaced with a 2nd generation mirror.

The gen2 mirrors have the glass permanently secured and alignment is achieved by swiveling the heads. Additionally, the gen2 mirrors are approximately 1.5 inches longer, jutting outboard well past my elbows.

I am currently awaiting replacement on both mirrors from my dealer, a great guy, Steve Spreter, RenMoto, in Tucson. He replaced one a year ago, and neither he nor MV gave any argument, just fast replacement.

Ciao,
Dick
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM

are the new mirrors any useful? they may have made them up to the euro spec as the euro mirrors were a little longer than the us mirros.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Established Member

1090 Mirrors

my left hand mirror fell out and the shop said it was not covered by warrenty. i had to buy the whole mirror. i guess they ripped me off. the new one is still in but like the man said it is hard ti see out of. thinking of some bar ends.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modobigdog View Post
my left hand mirror fell out and the shop said it was not covered by warrenty. i had to buy the whole mirror. i guess they ripped me off. the new one is still in but like the man said it is hard ti see out of. thinking of some bar ends.
If you like the stock mirrors (as I do), then you can rectify the "I only see my elbows" syndrome

Have a look at my thread where I successfully moved the lhs mirror stem about 20mm to the left and the rhs mirror I swapped over with the starter button... it only took about 2 hours to do...

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40463

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I just checked with my dealer on the mirror issue and they said that they'd be filing a warranty claim with MV to have my mirrors replaced. Apparently this is a well known issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode