910r How limited - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

910r How limited

Hi Folks, New guy here.

I'm really interested in adding a 910r to the stable and was wondering how limited they might be this year.

Just wondering how fast I have to act.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 08:27 PM

Welcome, I'm new as well. Not really sure on availability...I have a deposit on one at Motofixx in Norwalk, CT. I get the sense they will sell out, but a few people have said dealers are willing to do a little on price. I'm not taking any chance and have one locked in for a $500 refundable deposit. What else is in the stable?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVorBMW
What else is in the stable?
Got the Guzzi bug awhile ago.
They range from a 1939 Airone single, Big cruiser for the rides with the wife and a pretty heavily modified V11 sport limited. Plus a 71 BMW R75/5 I restored from barn fresh.
I've always admired the MV's and the brutale really speaks to me.
It will be great for the backroads here in CT eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 PM

My 750 Brutale is great and I can only imagine how good the 910R will be. I have some modern BMW's (K1200S and R1200GS) and a 1968 R60. I had a /5 and really enjoyed it, but then added the /2. I also have a Bultaco Metralla. Nothing like a 2-stroke to annoy the neighbors. But the Brutale is the most fun...you will never look back
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
My 750 Brutale is great and I can only imagine how good the 910R will be. I have some modern BMW's (K1200S and R1200GS) and a 1968 R60. I had a /5 and really enjoyed it, but then added the /2. I also have a Bultaco Metralla. Nothing like a 2-stroke to annoy the neighbors. But the Brutale is the most fun...you will never look back
MVorBMW, nice to see you here! It is anucci from Stamford, CT (and the brutaleforum.com). I cannot believe you have the BMW k1200s. I was looking at buying this bike before I stumbled on the Ducati Monster and then the Brutale. How do you like it? I know it is a completely different animal from the Brutale. I decided not to get it because my wife is afraid to ride now that we have three kids, so touring was out for me. And I mainly ride very tight, twisty backroads from Stamford to Greenwich and I did not think that this was K1200S territory. Can't wait to hook up and ride.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:12 AM

The K12 is a beast and nice for the longer rides. I've been riding the bigger BMW's for awhile and forgot what its like to ride a 400lb bike before adding the Brutale. It's in a class by itself. I'm totally off the deep end with my hobby...and my wife and 3 daughters can't handle it. But I'm a middle-aged man at this point and have stopped taking advice. We should definitely ride. I may pull out a bike for the commute today with the snow on the way this weekend. Let me know the next time you go to Motofixx and maybe we can hook up there
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 08:47 AM

Quote:
The K12 is a beast and nice for the longer rides. I've been riding the bigger BMW's for awhile and forgot what its like to ride a 400lb bike before adding the Brutale. It's in a class by itself. I'm totally off the deep end with my hobby...and my wife and 3 daughters can't handle it. But I'm a middle-aged man at this point and have stopped taking advice. We should definitely ride. I may pull out a bike for the commute today with the snow on the way this weekend. Let me know the next time you go to Motofixx and maybe we can hook up there
Well, I will be at Motofixx this weekend but I will only be there to drop off the title to my Monster S4R. It has finally sold. Hopefully I can take delivery of the 910 next weekend. As for being middle aged, I just turned 44 two days ago and I also stopped taking advice. I just got back into riding last year after being off bikes for 13 years (I sold my last bike when my first daughter was born). We should just hook up at my house, we live close enough. Where do you usually ride on the weekends?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:03 AM

I typically ride up through NY on 121, etc...longer rides up to Kent. I'm away next weeked (presidents day) but maybe we could ride the following weekend if the weather cooperates. I live right in downtown New Canaan. I'll email Dan and tell him to give you my contact info this weekend. I would love to check out your 910.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I typically ride up through NY on 121, etc...longer rides up to Kent. I'm away next weeked (presidents day) but maybe we could ride the following weekend if the weather cooperates. I live right in downtown New Canaan. I'll email Dan and tell him to give you my contact info this weekend. I would love to check out your 910.
Sounds great. I ride the same roads.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Well folks, I pulled the trigger and put a deposit on the 910R. Now I have to wait untill early summer for delivery.
Word is there are about 9 or 10 left in the states up for grabs. Probably going fast.

MVor BMW, was that you I talked to at Cliffs last week? (I own the dyno shop)
I live in Redding so us middle aged guys (just turned 45) must get together for a ride or two.

See you on the road,

John

Last edited by airfuel; 02-10-2006 at 01:38 PM. Reason: wrong name

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode