ok guys, need help, please chime in. PC & O2 sensor issue. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

ok guys, need help, please chime in. PC & O2 sensor issue.

Ok, please advise. My 1078 just got the full MV Corse system with the Dynojet PC, it starts and runs fine, all is good. But, there is no port on the new MV exhaust for the stock o2 sensor so it is zip-tied to the frame. Does a port need to be welded in the exhaust for it? Just remove it? The red service light is on, I assume the sensor is the issue. Is it even needed anymore? Trying to fix it soon so hope someone has done this before. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 06:10 AM

New Site Garage
Post Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaplin4 View Post
Ok, please advise. My 1078 just got the full MV Corse system with the Dynojet PC, it starts and runs fine, all is good. But, there is no port on the new MV exhaust for the stock o2 sensor so it is zip-tied to the frame. Does a port need to be welded in the exhaust for it? Just remove it? The red service light is on, I assume the sensor is the issue. Is it even needed anymore? Trying to fix it soon so hope someone has done this before. Thanks.
And just the other day you were swearing at me and telling me about your mates who know all about MV's....etc.
I would suggest a search in the ......whatever section, but I will try and help you anyway.
You either have to get a bung welded into you new midpipe - http://store.proitalia.com/weld-in-o...th=2420029_210, or you have to get the little cheater plug for the sensor http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...sor_Eliminator

You can not just leave it dangling as the ECU goes into failsafe mode.

Good luck.

PS. My choice would have been to get a Microtec ECU and throw that PC in the bin, but hey, what do I know.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Weld the bung in the mid-pipe (not very expensive).....or get the "Kit" ECU from MV (recommended) or get a MicroTech (recommended).

Unless the Marelli ECU has been changed, you can't just put a fixed resistance in place of the 02 sensor, as the ECU will detect no variance in signal and think the sensor is bad. (This is why the PC III with DynoJets 02 eliminator wouldn't work properly on Ducatis and MVs)...Haven't looked at Design Corse's 02 eliminator to see how it works. Maybe the PC V has taken care of this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Omg Donsy, I have more than one friend. The guy putting the system on isn't the one that told me the full system is better. Who won that argument anyway? I could have made phone calls or come on here, I chose here, dude u seem to unintentionally annoy everyone on here, let's just focus on what I asked shall we?
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Have a read here:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=22849&page=4

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, bung is being welded in mid-pipe. Hopefully problem solved.
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:40 PM

you need a race ecu,have you put one in,then all will be perfect.
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaplin4 View Post
Omg Donsy, I have more than one friend. The guy putting the system on isn't the one that told me the full system is better. Who won that argument anyway? I could have made phone calls or come on here, I chose here, dude u seem to unintentionally annoy everyone on here, let's just focus on what I asked shall we?

Dons is one of the nicest, helpful members on this site.
To call him annoying, is annoying to me.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
I have the F4 1078 with the Bodis system and the Arrow race ECU.My O2 sensor is removed and a cheater plug.I would be looking for another ECU if I were you as the original is non adjustable,then you dont have to worry about the O2 sensor and fuelling is adjustable,just my thoughts.By the way I am a Donsy fan also,his advice is precious.Sorry about mentioning a F4 in the Brutale section,Noel is going to kill me for this Lol.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Last edited by mitchy; 12-08-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Since I don't really care who likes him and who doesn't I'll not waste my time pasting past conversations where he has pissed people off and then had to apologise for annoying comments. I didn't ask for his input, I was asking a question, not for criticism on what my guys do or don't know or for a useful suggestion like throwing a brand new PC in the trash. I'm on here asking for tips and suggestions, if you want him to be your boyfriend then go out back and have a go with each other. Enjoy. I will install the O2 and see what happens. I can adjust the PC as needed or get the autotune if needed. I'm going to try this route before I start shopping for an ecu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode